5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seat cooling in remote start?

SwissDave

Reaction score
Hi, when I remote start my 2019 Longhorn and it is hot outside, it will not only turn on the A/C, but it will cool the driver seat albeit only in low mode. So my question will be, if there is a setting even in a hidden menu, in order to turn on all seat cooling front and rear at maximum fan speed, so that the whole car would be more pleasant when we get into it.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would love to figure this out and if all seats could heat up in cold weather. I have not seen anything yet saying it is possible but hopefully

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If my 2013 F150 had these settings, surely they are available for our trucks...

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would love to figure this out and if all seats could heat up in cold weather. I have not seen anything yet saying it is possible but hopefully

Yes the seat heaters turn on below 40* if the comfort mode is selected in the settings. And the climate control is in auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My ventilated seats turn on with remote start. I never have the system in auto or any special settings, so I’m not sure why others don’t have that happen.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
First world problems right here. Lol

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
So answer the ops question
69a75caf93b3c13f3d5e41c5d3a3b31b.jpg

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes the seat heaters turn on below 40* if the comfort mode is selected in the settings. And the climate control is in auto.

But only the driver seat as far as mine go. Does your passenger side turn on with comfort mode?? I really want passenger side to do this also.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
But only the driver seat as far as mine go. Does your passenger side turn on with comfort mode?? I really want passenger side to do this also.
Ahh, I see what you’re saying. Mine doesn’t do that either.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Most truck owners when using remote start are usually by themselves anyways. And it's about driver comfort, not passenger.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My wife strongly disagrees with both of those points!

It would be interesting to learn whether this could be controlled with AlfaOBD, etc.
For alfaOBD to be able to make changes, it pretty much has to be a factory option on one trim levels which I don't think it is. alfaOBD can't add anything that isn't an available factory option.

On a side note, my wife Traverse only turns on the driver's side heated seat and steering wheel automatically in the winters unless it senses weight of someone sitting in passenger seats then the passenger side heated seat will turn on. Obviously that doesn't work on remote start to get the seat warmed before getting in. But still an interesting feature. Not like it's that hard to reach over and just hit the button if you are already in the car.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
but the level of driver vent (and maybe heat too) is always on the minimum setting, never on high. Is that with a specific reason?

I also read somewhere that with AlfaOBD you can adjust the steering wheel heat in 3 settings instead of on and off now.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
but the level of driver vent (and maybe heat too) is always on the minimum setting, never on high. Is that with a specific reason?

I also read somewhere that with AlfaOBD you can adjust the steering wheel heat in 3 settings instead of on and off now.
Yes, you can enable two or three level heat on steering wheel with alfaOBD. Also adjust steering wheel material and seat material which effects temps. My steering wheel was set to wood/leather from factory. Changed it to leather only and there level heat and it's awesome. Never get too hot like it did before. But I usually just use the low heat setting

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
For alfaOBD to be able to make changes, it pretty much has to be a factory option on one trim levels which I don't think it is. alfaOBD can't add anything that isn't an available factory option.
This is not entirely true. One example would be that you can set the power folding mirrors to fold when the engine is shut off, and open when the engine is started. This is not a factory option on any trim level.

Edit: Ignore the misinformation given above. No excuses, I confused alfaOBD with TazerDT.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is not entirely true. One example would be that you can set the power folding mirrors to fold when the engine is shut off, and open when the engine is started. This is not a factory option on any trim level.
I didnt thi k alfaOBD could do that. Which is why it's a "live" function for the TazerDT

HemiDude

Reaction score
Too bad Ram can't do this. My wife's Explorer turns both seats on, seems like it should be doeable

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online