5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seat config/option question

Johnnyb001

Reaction score
So I am/will be in the market for a new truck within the next 6-9mo, and have decided on the Ram, always been a Mopar fan. The truck will be either a 1500/2500 gas (5.7 if 1500, 6.4 if 2500) in crew cab/longer bed and 4x4. I need the capability to carry 6 people at least on a short term basis (not a long term daily thing) for times when we cannot or don’t want to drive my wife’s van.
So my question is what trim levels is the 40/20/40 front seat available in (might be easier to say what levels it’s not available in) in both configs (1500/2500)?

Follow up question, the wife’s van has heated seats, and I must say, they’ve spoiled me a bit lol, are heated seats available in the split bench?

I’d imagine this question has been asked and answered on here previously but my google foo couldn’t find it.

oh and I’m likely going with a nos 21, when I buy rather than a 22, unless Ram surprises me with a new option or package that I just can’t live without on the 22s

thanks in advance for helping out a noob on the forum

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
welcome to the forum. there will be difference between 1500 and 2500 mainly since the 2500 cab is still based on the older generation and isn't a "5th gen" there is a HD specific forum if you go up tp the "our other sites" dropdown at the top of the page. hdrams.com

as for your question. i think the ram configurator tells you which trims you can get the bench seat up front which would allow you to seat 6 (comfortably??)

go check it out and try some different configs.

I'm not toooo familiar with it, but it seems like when you scroll down to interior, you simply select 5 or 6 passenger options. at a quick glance it looks like trims up to and including the laramie can have the front bench seat.

1619761038293.png

Johnnyb001

Reaction score
So, follow up question. Does anyone know if the build/price public website is “the gospel” as far as configurations? It won’t allow me to build a truck with the options I want lol. For example I need 6 passenger capability, meaning I need the 40/20/40 bench, however I can’t figure out how to combine this with the sport hood. Don’t get me wrong the sport hood isn’t a have to have, but if I’m spending that kinda money on a new truck I’d like to have what I want ya know? There are other examples but that’s the first that sprang to mind.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
from my experience the configurator is pretty spot on. there a few glitches here and there. it seems like adding a sport package or night edition with the sport hood on the laramies, disables the front bench seat.

i think your best bet is to call up a dealer and have them walk through a build you want. they can even check nationwide if it's available...

Johnnyb001

Reaction score
from my experience the configurator is pretty spot on. there a few glitches here and there. it seems like adding a sport package or night edition with the sport hood on the laramies, disables the front bench seat.

i think your best bet is to call up a dealer and have them walk through a build you want. they can even check nationwide if it's available...
Yeah that’s where I’m at, when I actually get ready to buy (most likely have to order to get close to what I want) I’m gonna reach out to both my local dealers and the guy with Mark Dodge I see lots of people refer to on here as he seems to order many vehicles. See if there’s any way I can get certain combos. Thanks guys!

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah that’s where I’m at, when I actually get ready to buy (most likely have to order to get close to what I want) I’m gonna reach out to both my local dealers and the guy with Mark Dodge I see lots of people refer to on here as he seems to order many vehicles. See if there’s any way I can get certain combos. Thanks guys!
With the options you want I’m almost positive you’ll be looking at a Laramie . The only other model you can get the 40/20/40 front seat is the Tradesman and that does not have the heated seats . The sport performance hood can be had on the Laramie with the Black Edition or the Sport Edition but they both come with the front bucket seats .

Johnnyb001

Reaction score
Yeah it looks like (at least at this point in time) the sport hood or night edition and 40/20/40 bench seats arent available together on a 1500…I was able to configure a 2500 Laramie, with the night edition and 40/20/40 seats, so that may be an option too

night edition blacks out the big chrome logo on the contour of the hood which I prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread