5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seat belt latch

Adkram

Reaction score
Anyone have trouble with the seat belt latches? Ive had to spray silicon in one of mine a few times as it keeps getting stuck. Its possible the kids spilled stuff there of course. Curious if any others had an issue

Adkram

Reaction score
Just coming back on this. Back outboard passenger seatbelt latch kept locking up every few weeks-requiring wd 40 or silicon spray to unjam. I ordered a replacement from the dealer for about 125 bucks. Easy replace/install- albiet also requires replacement of the center seat’s belt as well as they come together. Part came with great instructions and torque specs for the bolts.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it keeps giving you trouble, it might be worth cleaning it out with wd40 or similar, then a mild degreaser (alcohol) , then a dry lube. Silicone lube will trap dirt, same as Silicone tire treatment getting dirty fast. Might be worth a shot

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just coming back on this. Back outboard passenger seatbelt latch kept locking up every few weeks-requiring wd 40 or silicon spray to unjam. I ordered a replacement from the dealer for about 125 bucks. Easy replace/install- albiet also requires replacement of the center seat’s belt as well as they come together. Part came with great instructions and torque specs for the bolts.

Sounds like you sorted it out. (y) Sometimes it's easier to just buy a part and replace it yourself, even if it could be covered under warranty. That's what I did with my 3rd brake light when it had a slight leak. I think it was under $40 shipped IIRC. Definitely worth not having to deal with scheduling an appointment, taking time off work, driving there and back, and sitting in the waiting room trying to breathe through a stupid mask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/