5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Searching For Wire

braggster

Reaction score
I am going to install an LED light kit that came with my after market running boards. The setup uses a magnetic switch that is taped to the quarter panel just in front of the drivers door and a magnet taped to the door its self. Due to the design of the door these switches will be visible so I don't want to go that route. My plan is to get rid of the switch and hard wire the lights to the dome light circuit so that when the doors are opened the lights come on. I have a wiring schematic that the service department at my dealer gave me and I was thinking of tying into the circuit where it comes out of the drivers door module (I am assuming it is inside the drivers door). Any thoughts or is there a better place inside the cab, or outside, to tie into?

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I am going to install an LED light kit that came with my after market running boards. The setup uses a magnetic switch that is taped to the quarter panel just in front of the drivers door and a magnet taped to the door its self. Due to the design of the door these switches will be visible so I don't want to go that route. My plan is to get rid of the switch and hard wire the lights to the dome light circuit so that when the doors are opened the lights come on. I have a wiring schematic that the service department at my dealer gave me and I was thinking of tying into the circuit where it comes out of the drivers door module (I am assuming it is inside the drivers door). Any thoughts or is there a better place inside the cab, or outside, to tie into?
Look up under the dash and see if you have footwell lights that go on and off with the door opening. If so, then you have an easy spot to tap into a hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online