5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search ram inventory nationwide

smonska

Reaction score
So I've noticed a lot of dealers don't list their trucks with Cars.com, autotrader, or edmunds. The Ram website I've found captures all inventory, unfortunately only lets you search within a 150 mile radius. I know dealers can search any range they want, but is the a "civilian" website that can do the same? Come on, Chevy lets you search nationwide!

I've got a specific truck in mind and I'm willing to travel or have it delivered from anywhere. Anyone able to help search for my truck?

Looking for Laramie or Level 2 Big Horn:
Quad Cab
4x4
Blue Streak Pearl
5.7L non-etorque
Anti-Spin
Premium lighting package on Big Horn
No sport package
*33 gallon tank would be nice

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately, as others have found through their searches, the best thing is to go to through a dealership to perform the nationwide search. If you want to give your general location, other members may point you to a good contact at a dealership in your area or give you a contact number to a trusted dealer outside your area that you can call and you probably do not even have to walk though the doors of a dealership.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Back when I ordered my ‘16 you could, now you have change the zip code to search out every radius which sucks :censored:

RJS

Reaction score
cargurus.com will search nationwide and let you narrow down what you are looking for. I found a Laramie Sport I wanted in Maryland last week but couldn't make a deal, about 500 miles away. Finally took my list to a local dealer and they found one about 300 miles away which was as far as they would go. It's being prepped for delivery Tuesday as the price and trade in were excellent.

So a dealer might go some distance but cargurus will generally let you find them nationwide.

BTW, FNG here but I'll post an intro when I get the truck.

drstein

Reaction score
cargurus.com will search nationwide and let you narrow down what you are looking for. I found a Laramie Sport I wanted in Maryland last week but couldn't make a deal, about 500 miles away. Finally took my list to a local dealer and they found one about 300 miles away which was as far as they would go. It's being prepped for delivery Tuesday as the price and trade in were excellent.

So a dealer might go some distance but cargurus will generally let you find them nationwide.

BTW, FNG here but I'll post an intro when I get the truck.
Dealers, if I remember, pay to be on CarGurus so you still won't see all inventory nationwide. CarGurus does show how many days the dealer has had that vehicle, floorplanning it, which is an advantage.

smonska

Reaction score
Unfortunately, as others have found through their searches, the best thing is to go to through a dealership to perform the nationwide search. If you want to give your general location, other members may point you to a good contact at a dealership in your area or give you a contact number to a trusted dealer outside your area that you can call and you probably do not even have to walk though the doors of a dealership.

I'm in Western MA, my local dealer didn't want to search more than 150 miles out either. "Those dealers won't swap with me", which I'd say is reasonable, he's not in the business of making a sale for dealer a 1,000 miles away.

Called Ram Cares phone #, they are totally unhelpful, as they're mostly into after-sales service, and I can't find a number for a sales or marketing who may care about helping me find a truck.

drstein

Reaction score
I'm in Western MA, my local dealer didn't want to search more than 150 miles out either. "Those dealers won't swap with me", which I'd say is reasonable, he's not in the business of making a sale for dealer a 1,000 miles away.

Called Ram Cares phone #, they are totally unhelpful, as they're mostly into after-sales service, and I can't find a number for a sales or marketing who may care about helping me find a truck.
I thought the op was referring to traveling himself. Yeah, handled the swaps for a GM Dlr in the 80s and even at 150 miles the question came up, "How much profit we got ?"

smonska

Reaction score
I (the OP) am willing to travel myself, but a dealer isn't willing to use their computer to locate a vehicle for me to go buy from someone else. Hence, if there's someone on here who works for a dealership who may want to help me out, or have another route I can do a search, I'd be most appreciative.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
I (the OP) am willing to travel myself, but a dealer isn't willing to use their computer to locate a vehicle for me to go buy from someone else. Hence, if there's someone on here who works for a dealership who may want to help me out, or have another route I can do a search, I'd be most appreciative.
Just search zip codes out as far as your willing to travel to buy, just change the zip code on ram trucks website and do the search yourself.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I get the dilemma. It sucks. What an archiac system.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel that's going to be a tough combination to find.. Quad Cab, 4x4, and Blue Streak. I think you'll have better luck finding a Laramie versus Big Horn.

This is the only truck I was able to find within 500 miles of Springfield, MA. Not sure if it checks off everything on your list, but it's a start. There are a whole lot more Patriot Blues out there compared to the Blue Streak.

Last edited:

smonska

Reaction score
I intended to order, but they discontinued Blue Streak Pearl, so I'm stuck searching what's left.

Last edited:

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will say that finding the 3.92 and anti-spin are the hard thing to find, throw in the 33 gallon tank and I'm betting it'll be impossible.
I spent several days searching zip codes within 6-8 hours of me(maybe even farther) and ended up taking the a truck that was not even 10 miles away. It had a few options that I didn't really need, and was more expensive. But in the end it was everything else we needed to have.

If you can find the Laramie, I think you should do it...the big Horn you're looking for(like the one I was), isn't too far from Laramie price territory.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread