5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seams in concrete bounce

elburrito82

Reaction score
There are a few stretches of freeway that I travel every week where the seams of the concrete cause a large amount of bouncing. The kind of bouncing that makes it hard to talk. I've never had that issue with any of my other cars. Although admittedly I've never driven a truck on that freeway before. On other truck forums I've heard people say that they need to weigh the bed of the truck down in order to reduce that bounce. I'm also considering swapping out the stock bridgestone Deulers with some Michilene Defender LTX M/S tires (275/55/20) to see if that helps at all. Is anyone else experiencing this? if so, what have you done to address it?

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
It's not the weight. It's a function of wheelbase and speed. You hit the bumps just right and cause a bounce and the speed you're going and the length of the truck makes you hit again just at the high point of the bounce and it just keeps on building on itself. I don't think weight or tires will help you much.

R

Rob5589

Like you mentioned, you probably aren't used to a pick up on that stretch of hwy. Compared to my 03 Silverado I replaced, the Ram is significantly more compliant and softer riding.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Sounds like it’s a truck just being a truck. That being said I’ve never driven a truck that handles like this Ram :cool:

elburrito82

Reaction score
Sounds like it’s a truck just being a truck. That being said I’ve never driven a truck that handles like this Ram :cool:
Are you saying that you're experiencing the same thing? Like there are stretches of the interstate where you can't even talk. Where it shakes so much that you almost get motion sickness? This can't be normal. I see trucks all over this freeway and I find it hard to believe that they all drive that way

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Are you saying that you're experiencing the same thing? Like there are stretches of the interstate where you can't even talk. Where it shakes so much that you almost get motion sickness? This can't be normal. I see trucks all over this freeway and I find it hard to believe that they all drive that way

If it’s really that bad, it’s probably just yours. Better go get it checked out.

R

Rob5589

If it’s really that bad, it’s probably just yours. Better go get it checked out.
Yep, there has to be something wrong if it is that bad. I drive on some tore up levy roads and don't have anything occur like that.

Users who are viewing this thread