5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sea foam Treatment

cmr287

Reaction score
Good afternoon all. I have been. Wondering about sea foam and how useful it really is as far as cleaning injectors, possibly putting it into your fuel and or oil.

Are there any benefits to it from a desired perspective?

What are the Pros and Cons if any?

I thought I’d come to those that have been in the devil game for a hot minute. Thank you all for taking the time to check this out and replying.

Respectfully
Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
Hi Chris,
Welcome to the forum. Add your truck details to your signature and members will better able to help you with questions or requests. For example, I am an ecodiesel guy so if I wanted to clean my injectors I would use HotShots diesel extreme, and do for 1 tank every oil change. I cannot speak to seafoam in fuel or oil. I know there is a seafoam treatment to clean the carbon out of intakes, and it is very bad for an ecodiesel, it destroys turbos. Again welcome.

Apettit13

Reaction score
Once upon a time i owner a 99 Ford Ranger, had the 4.0 V6, was a little beast of a truck. It started knocking, and losing power, the mechanic said one of the pistons was losing compression and that I ought to start searching for a new motor. I changed coil packs, spark plugs, and everything I could think off to no avail. As a total shot in the dark I used sea foam in the oil, after about 100 miles the truck was running like it was brand new again. I absolutely swear by the sea foam as I’ve seen it work some wonders. With that said, I have yet to put any in my current ram, although I’m only at about 8K miles.

Runagun

Reaction score
I would Never Put it in my oil and run it for a long time. Right before a oil change. Like a flush would be fine. Pour it in motor, idle motor for 10-15 minutes then change would be ok. Get good *** motor oil and you wont need any additives. As far as putting it in gas tank. That'd be a ok.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have sea foam in my garage, I'll use it on occasion for rough running old stuff like rider mowers, snow blowers, my winter beater car...will i put it in my RAM? not til 100,000 miles would I even think of it. Why? cause there should be absolutely NO NEED for it if you do regular factory scheduled maintenance. Detergent oil has all you need in it.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have seafoam in my garage as well but wont' put it in my truck anytime soon. Use good oil and a Top Tier gas and you will be fine. Welcome to the forums btw..

SpookyWatcher

Reaction score
I sea foamed my 02 F150 by pulling it through the pcv valve hose into the intake then letting it sit for while then fire it up and go drive out the gunk. I did that at 75k miles and WOW nothing came out. Just the tiniest hint of the smoke. My lesson for me was... Top tier gas and top qual oil changed at every 5k miles and it never needed it.

And every time my smog guy would smog ole bessie, he said it was the cleanest running truck he'd ever seen.

As for putting it in your injectors... How many miles you have on it? What brand of gas are you running?

As for putting it in your oil... I'd put it in right before an oil change as a flush, but that's it. And depending on miles...I prob wouldn't even do that.

cmr287

Reaction score
I have sea foam in my garage, I'll use it on occasion for rough running old stuff like rider mowers, snow blowers, my winter beater car...will i put it in my RAM? not til 100,000 miles would I even think of it. Why? cause there should be absolutely NO NEED for it if you do regular factory scheduled maintenance. Detergent oil has all you need in it.

Thanks Devil Dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmr287

Reaction score
I sea foamed my 02 F150 by pulling it through the pcv valve hose into the intake then letting it sit for while then fire it up and go drive out the gunk. I did that at 75k miles and WOW nothing came out. Just the tiniest hint of the smoke. My lesson for me was... Top tier gas and top qual oil changed at every 5k miles and it never needed it.

And every time my smog guy would smog ole bessie, he said it was the cleanest running truck he'd ever seen.

As for putting it in your injectors... How many miles you have on it? What brand of gas are you running?

As for putting it in your oil... I'd put it in right before an oil change as a flush, but that's it. And depending on miles...I prob wouldn't even do that.

Mileage 19k, runs flawlessly!

Brand of fuel? A fuels station with high diesel turn over.

I won’t need to do this for a very loooooooong time.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread