5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen won’t start

Patrick79

Reaction score
First sorry for my English if it isn’t wright, i am from Holland.

My screen sometimes stays black and won’t start when i get in the car. It seems strange because sometimes it worked great just before i got out of the car and locked it. It can happen that the screen suddenly starts working or it stays off for a longer period (minutes, hours or the whole day)

Is someone formiliar with this problem and is there a solution?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven’t heard of any doing for that long a period of time. You can try doing a reset by disconnecting just the negative terminal battery cable for 30 minutes, reconnect it, then let it sit overnight. That should reset several functions and might resolve your issue. If not you will have to get it serviced unfortunately. Is that easy to in Holland?

Patrick79

Reaction score
I haven’t heard of any doing for that long a period of time. You can try doing a reset by disconnecting just the negative terminal battery cable for 30 minutes, reconnect it, then let it sit overnight. That should reset several functions and might resolve your issue. If not you will have to get it serviced unfortunately. Is that easy to in Holland?

Reseting it by disconnecting the battery i allready did. This helpt for 1 time but it came back again. In Holland you can service the car by several dealers, the only thing is that the software of the car is rewritten for the Dutch/european market. The company that changes the software i have allready went to for 2 times and my next visit is thursday because of this problem. They havent had/Seen this problem yet so there is no direct solution. I hope someone in the U.S.A recognizes this problem and that it is not a Dutch/European software problem

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Reseting it by disconnecting the battery i allready did. This helpt for 1 time but it came back again. In Holland you can service the car by several dealers, the only thing is that the software of the car is rewritten for the Dutch/european market. The company that changes the software i have allready went to for 2 times and my next visit is thursday because of this problem. They havent had/Seen this problem yet so there is no direct solution. I hope someone in the U.S.A recognizes this problem and that it is not a Dutch/European software problem

Dang. Well good luck and keep us posted. I’m sure others here will chime in if they have seen this before.

Users who are viewing this thread