5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen picture of 8.4 with 360 surround

Ramhighflyer

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone can post a “backing up” picture of an 8.4 non nav with the 360 surround? I am thinking of adding 360 surround to my truck.. Currently when backing up the “reverse “picture takes up the whole screen, and makes it quite easy to see as well as hooking up a trailer… I am wondering how much of the total screen the 360 portion takes, as well as much there is left of the back up picture….
lots of pictures for a 12 inch system, and even one with the 5 inch system , but nothing for the 8.4…

Last edited:

Ramhighflyer

Reaction score
Thanks for that picture.. was worried that the normal reverse picture would get so small that it be hard to see… but it looks like it be doable….. time to start gathering parts….

truckman

Reaction score
Oh I love that.. how difficult and expensive is that mod?

I did this and the digital rearview mirror mods as the same time and it took me about 2 weeks to do it.

This was my first-ever car mod project so it probably took me longer than it would have others, and much of the time spent was actually figuring out how to properly remove the door panels, how to run the camera cables through the engine bay firewall, how to do the same through the door grommet, etc.

I bought all the parts brand new and it set me back about $2200 for the 360 system, a little more if you count in the tools (obd 2 mx, long flat zipties for running the cables, trim piece removal kit, etc)

It's been about a month since I did the install and I'm super happy with it though, well worth the elbow grease that went into it. Also I feel I'm much more knowledgeable about the truck in general so that's an added bonus I suppose.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread