5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen lighting up

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
Tonight my truck was parked on the street in front of my house. There was a great thunderstorm moving through and I was watching the rain through the front window and I saw the 12 inch screen on my Rebel come on. It lit up just the way it does when I open the door. The keys were in the house, 30 yards away, nobody was near the vehicle.

After a few seconds it went off. Does anyone know why that screen would light up on its own when I'm not anywhere near the vehicle? I watched for about 20 minutes after that to see if it would do it again, and it did nothing.

DodgeDrummer

Reaction score
1: possibly the relay going bad?

2: Long shot….is it cold where you are? Mice love the warmth of an engine…

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You have passive entry? When I wash my truck, the water hitting the door handles causes this reaction, if the truck is unlocked. Me touching the door handles when it is locked also produces the same response. I don't know if water on the door handle causes it to happen when its locked.

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
You have passive entry? When I wash my truck, the water hitting the door handles causes this reaction, if the truck is unlocked. Me touching the door handles when it is locked also produces the same response. I don't know if water on the door handle causes it to happen when its locked.
I do have passive entry, and the first few times I washed the truck the lights kept flashing. :ROFLMAO: I didn't know what was going on at first. Eventually I put the keys in the the house and the truck stopped flashing the light every time the handles got wet. Last night the exterior lights didn't flash at all. I just noticed the screen come on, and then fade back to black after a few moments. I dunno what to think of it.

zlman

Reaction score
*this.
Very common

Users who are viewing this thread