5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen brightness off and on

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone knows how to have the screen be fully bright during the day and automatically goto night mode so my accent lighting turns on.
Aside from manually using the brightness wheel by the headlight switch.
I tried googling it, nothing.

834k3r

Reaction score
That's a setting in my 12". Under display, if memory serves (away from my truck at the moment).

Bigdumps

Reaction score
I do that, but in the day when the sun is shining I can hardly see the screen. I use the manual mode and adjust the brightness for headlights on/off. Then leave the wheel just clicked under but it's like it doesn't save my settings. This unconnect 5 is not laid out in a way that's user intuitive. It's also very laggy and glitchy. Will have it on home. And it will switch to a different screen on its own.

Fastluck13

Reaction score
Try saving your drivers seat settings and see if that helps. It is all linked somewhere.

I find both day and night max settings to be a little dim. Somewhere there is Ram employee convincing his boss lower screen brightness increases mileage.

if I had A dime for every improvement they claimed was for mileage, while keeping the mileage rating the same, I could buy another truck.

just give he customer what they want!

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Just something user friendly. My truck wasn't activated at the dealer. So I don't have satellite radio as a media option and have to take it back in to have it reprogrammed or something.
The new uconnect 5 can connect to wifi from the head unit to get the updates, but again not intuitive. I connect to wifi and see no updates.
When I leave it says Error updating, try again later. But big deal. Figured there would be some kinks to work out.

Users who are viewing this thread