5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scratchy rattle noise when accelerating from stop.

Prestontocco

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been experiencing the exact noise as in the video below in my 2019 5.7 Ram. I hear the noise in the middle of first gear regardless of now gentle or hard I accelerate. Anyone else experiencing this? If so, have you gotten to the bottom of where the noise is coming from? Couple things to note: There is no discernable affect to performance or transmission smoothness and the sound is only heard in gear which makes me think it's transfer case or transmission related.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s hard to tell in the video but if I had to guess I’d say it sounds like the heat shield .

Prestontocco

Reaction score
It’s hard to tell in the video but if I had to guess I’d say it sounds like the heat shield .
I initially thought so but the sound happens only in drive and also the duration of the scratchy sound is shorter or longer depending on how quickly I'm accelerating.

Kman5

Reaction score
Did you ever figure out what the noise was?

Users who are viewing this thread