5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scratched Center Console

Donaldvest83

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with a dealer scratching/messing something up on your truck? In my case, I took my truck in today to have the brake controller installed and on the way back to work I noticed some scratches on the center console by the cup holders. I immediately took pictures and sent them to my salesman who I dropped my truck off with. Anyone with this type of experience how did you go about getting this corrected by the dealer? I havent heard back yet from my salesman.

Attachments

• 20190221_124918.jpg
    20190221_124918.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 20190221_124921.jpg
    20190221_124921.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 20190221_124915.jpg
    20190221_124915.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 20190221_124909.jpg
    20190221_124909.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 20190221_124900.jpg
    20190221_124900.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 20190221_124843.jpg
    20190221_124843.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 142

KRField

Reaction score
I just noticed two scratches on the under sides of my steering wheel after some warranty work. I expect the usual “it was like that when it came in”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just noticed two scratches on the under sides of my steering wheel after some warranty work. I expect the usual “it was like that when it came in”.

Any good dealer will believe you and make good on it. I always go over my vehicles before pulling out of the dealer lot. I have had a few issues with my Volvos where i noticed damage days later but they fixed it no questions asked. My Volvo dealership is phenomenal when it comes to stuff like this. The service department knows I know my vehicles inside and out and never questions me on stuff like this. They always take care of it regardless of when I find out and mention it. That's what good dealerships do. Hence the reason I'm on my 6th vehicle from the same dealer.

KRField

Reaction score
Any good dealer will believe you and make good on it. I always go over my vehicles before pulling out of the dealer lot. I have had a few issues with my Volvos where i noticed damage days later but they fixed it no questions asked. My Volvo dealership is phenomenal when it comes to stuff like this. The service department knows I know my vehicles inside and out and never questions me on stuff like this. They always take care of it regardless of when I find out and mention it. That's what good dealerships do. Hence the reason I'm on my 6th vehicle from the same dealer.

Oh I go back Monday and will be bring it to there attention. Just don’t expect much.

Rototerrier

Reaction score
I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised. If the rest of your vehicle is in good condition and because those are in proximity of the work they were performing, I think it's fairly safe to assume they'll believe you weren't the cause of it and will take care of you. If the rest of the truck is trashed...that's a different story.

I took a BMW 535 M sport in for service and received it with all 4 wheels curb rashed. The guy loaded it onto the lift wrong and thought he could get away with it I guess. Anyway, my service rep knew there was no way I would have all 4 wheels rashed up. They replaced all 4 wheels, right then and there.

They aren't all out to screw ya. People mess up. Don't worry about it until they give you a reason to worry about it. Think positive!

KRField

Reaction score
I am a true detailer, my last ram got “taken care of” because of over 60 dirt nibs and defects in the paint. They weren’t gonna pay to have my shop fix it.

My truck is meticulously clean in and out. Especially when going into service. It gets vacuumed and dusted at least every other day.

My sales men even joked when I got the 19 to check the paint. Which I did a waterless wash on the lot and inspected. When doing paper work he handed me the keys and said “Here, I know you don’t want the free detail”.

Last edited:

Donaldvest83

Reaction score
Update: dealer told me to bring it in beginning of the week and they would make it right. We shall see.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with a dealer scratching/messing something up on your truck? In my case, I took my truck in today to have the brake controller installed and on the way back to work I noticed some scratches on the center console by the cup holders. I immediately took pictures and sent them to my salesman who I dropped my truck off with. Anyone with this type of experience how did you go about getting this corrected by the dealer? I havent heard back yet from my salesman.
This is why I haven't taken mine in for the squeaks and rattles. A leather dash is just asking for trouble...

HotStuff

Reaction score
Dealer did the same exact thing to mine when they installed the trailer brake controller. Scratched up the console around the cup holders. I picked it up in the dark and didn't see it until the next day. Called them up and made them aware of it. Next time it goes in for something they said they'd take care of it.

Donaldvest83

Reaction score
Final update, took the truck in today and the dealer replaced the scratched piece. Good customer service goes a long way in my books.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Final update, took the truck in today and the dealer replaced the scratched piece. Good customer service goes a long way in my books.
That is of utmost importance to me. I will take defects, issues...with anything. Just don't want to he treated like crap. Glad you are happy with your dealer. I love my place.

Users who are viewing this thread