5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scorpion Spray in Bed Liner

MFALRAM

Reaction score
So today I brought my truck over to my buddy who does auto body . He also starting to do spray in bed liners. He uses the scorpion brand and I saw a few that he has done before. So here is a few pics of the process which I helped a little. Well the sanding and prep part. 89CC4C14-827A-4416-BFAF-542CBFD47741.jpeg ECF726EE-5ADE-428F-A16E-52B9D9251A8B.jpeg 3D557B94-D74F-4153-9EEA-3997E06250F6.jpeg AD845B0C-231F-4D30-B93A-2DE1399FB643.jpeg 870825CF-93DF-4292-ADD5-F5292EED0C26.jpeg

Diamond Black Hemi

Reaction score
Man that looks sweet I gotta get mine done I didnt even think about having the dealer do it when I was buying the truck I literally test drove my truck and said perfect I want it and was signed the papers and was out in 30 mins. It was pretty sweet but regret not getting the bed sprayed.

MFALRAM

Reaction score
Man that looks sweet I gotta get mine done I didnt even think about having the dealer do it when I was buying the truck I literally test drove my truck and said perfect I want it and was signed the papers and was out in 30 mins. It was pretty sweet but regret not getting the bed sprayed.
That’s one thing I hated when I bought it that it didn’t have a spray in bed liner. I’ve owned mine a year now and finally got around to getting it sprayed, glad I did. And since I helped my buddy he took a little off the price.

Diamond Black Hemi

Reaction score
That’s one thing I hated when I bought it that it didn’t have a spray in bed liner. I’ve owned mine a year now and finally got around to getting it sprayed, glad I did. And since I helped my buddy he took a little off the price.
Well that's a win win for sure. Lol

Rick J

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics. Dumb as I am I had no idea that they had to sand down the paint before applying the bed liner. Is the shiny coat a primer? The final coat looks like a quality product. I assume the wear expectation is the same as Line-X or Rhino.

MFALRAM

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics. Dumb as I am I had no idea that they had to sand down the paint before applying the bed liner. Is the shiny coat a primer? The final coat looks like a quality product. I assume the wear expectation is the same as Line-X or Rhino.
The gloss is
so your just sanding or scuffing the gloss off to give it something to adhere to. some people having problems with bed liners bubbling up a lot of times it’s not the product but improper prep. The gloss coat sprayed on is a Adhesion Promoter. You spray that on let it get tacky. Once tacky you mix your spray in bed liner and start spraying. Scorpion has a little more rubber feeling to it than rhino and Scorpion doesn’t stain like rhino does. And the gloss color you see that’s how it will look fully cured also.

Users who are viewing this thread