5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

School me on jacks

AndBen

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Assuming the stock jack could use an upgrade/addition. First time truck owner...had a 73 Bronco some years ago, where I had a high lift.

Some googling sounds like a bottle jack might be a better idea. Any recommendations?

Recently found this: 6 Ton 'The Private' Off Road Kit

Not sure what all accessories Id need or want. Currently running no lift and 33s.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I would go with a bottle jack. The one you posted looks pretty good. I haven't seen that specific one before. I will say though that I'm not a fan that they would arbitrarily substitute a different brand of jack due to supply chain shortages. Hopefully, they would give you a choice rather than just ship a different jack to you.

There's many brands available. I'm close to placing the order for one from US Jack. It's a little bit more expensive than the one you showed. US Jack has lots of different types of jacks (bottle, hydraulic, and scissor) and other products like jack stands. In the bottle jacks, they have short and stubby jacks and hi lift jacks. Lots of choices for whatever your needs are.

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
Assuming the stock jack could use an upgrade/addition. First time truck owner...had a 73 Bronco some years ago, where I had a high lift.

Some googling sounds like a bottle jack might be a better idea. Any recommendations?

Recently found this: 6 Ton 'The Private' Off Road Kit

Not sure what all accessories Id need or want. Currently running no lift and 33s.
I have the safe jack and it's been great for the truck and the trailer I tow. Much better than the scissor jacks in my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

jkm312

Reaction score

Big White RAM

Reaction score
I saw another discussion about jacks the other day here somewhere.
This style was mentioned, never saw a rig like this and it has some merit to it.
Summit Racing has some similar jacks.
I like the idea of a jack and jack stand in one unit.
I have a pair of these that I got at Tractor Supply years ago. They work well in the garage but not too convenient to store in a vehicle.

LouNY

Reaction score
I prefer my aluminum floor jack, if I'm traveling it goes in the truck along with my cordless impact and lug nut sockets along with the small impact socket set.

Users who are viewing this thread