5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scared to pull the trigger on 2019 Limited...

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would recommend you do it and marvel at the amazing package that this truck is. I agree with what Speedy said above, they brought it all together for this truck and it is fantastic. I have owned 5 trucks and this one is my favorite to drive, clean, cruise in, and stare at... My girlfriend says she won't be surprised if she sees kiss marks on my dash..... LOL :)

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks is for the reply’s! I agree this forum is tremendous. Wealth of info. I think the build quality of the previous generation is somewhat questionable. I hope fit and finish and build are better on the 19. Also....are there any differences in ride quality between generations? Thanks.

There is a major improvement in ride quietness, smoothness, no more jittery feel, and it feels extreemely stable on the road in rain, snow, around corners, etc.... And Towing with this truck is so much easier and the white knuckles are gone!

Griff

Reaction score
Another point about reading the forum though is the wealth of knowledge that is here. For instance, I did a lot of research here before ordering and I'm glad I did or I might have ended up with tow mirrors and a non-NAV radio. These are two of the biggest gripes I've seen about the 2019s.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love what they did to the 19 RAM. Want to get a limited but have almost been completely scared off after being on this forum and reading other things. I have an 2017 Laramie loaded and have the itch for something new. Is the new RAM really this problematic or is it a case of vocal minority? Thanks guys!
I picked up my Limited exactly 7 days ago and absolutely LOVE it. The truck, comfort, tech, quietness, ride and all the features are second to none, and ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES. Don't let what you read here scare you off. Remember, the nature of these forums, it to share and ask for help or crowdsource to get things fixed by FCA or Uconnect. It's either things shared that are absolutely great, or things that need to be addressed. Remember, this is about 4% of the total population of vehicles. I would suggest you go for it and don't look back. Every brand and vehicle will have forums that operate the same.

outback1972

Reaction score
I bought a Limited back in October and have had my share of issues. Being a Toyota owner for 29 years, RAM pulled me away with all of the luxury upgrades they put in the truck along with the excellent towing options for our new RV. I've been pretty frustrated with the lack of customer service at the dealer I bought it from to say the least. But now that I've found an excellent dealer/service department, almost all of the issues have been resolved in a single week. Just waiting for some parts to come in that are on back order. Being stranded with a bad battery wasn't fun and extremely frustrating, but that could have happened in any vehicle. So after all of my complaining about my issues, finding an awesome dealer that actually cares and fixed them has made the world of difference. I do LOVE the truck without a doubt. This is my first pickup truck coming from midsized SUV's prior and I don't regret my choice one bit. If you would have asked me 2 weeks ago when I was dealing with a crappy dealer, I may have had a different answer. I expected to have some issues with a new model year, I just expected a little better customer service from the dealer I purchased it from to fix the issues. Sadly that wasn't the case, but I'm a happy camper now and would definitely buy one again.

alangsam

Reaction score
I bought a Limited back in October and have had my share of issues. Being a Toyota owner for 29 years, RAM pulled me away with all of the luxury upgrades they put in the truck along with the excellent towing options for our new RV. I've been pretty frustrated with the lack of customer service at the dealer I bought it from to say the least. But now that I've found an excellent dealer/service department, almost all of the issues have been resolved in a single week. Just waiting for some parts to come in that are on back order. Being stranded with a bad battery wasn't fun and extremely frustrating, but that could have happened in any vehicle. So after all of my complaining about my issues, finding an awesome dealer that actually cares and fixed them has made the world of difference. I do LOVE the truck without a doubt. This is my first pickup truck coming from midsized SUV's prior and I don't regret my choice one bit. If you would have asked me 2 weeks ago when I was dealing with a crappy dealer, I may have had a different answer. I expected to have some issues with a new model year, I just expected a little better customer service from the dealer I purchased it from to fix the issues. Sadly that wasn't the case, but I'm a happy camper now and would definitely buy one again.

I think you should post the name of the dealer. We would all benefit if everyone that had a good experience would mention it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
7300 trouble free miles on my Limited 4x4. Like many above, I find myself still awestruck at how far RAM separated itself from every other manufacturer virtually overnight. I came out of a 2017 Raptor for mine...And it's not a Prius, do not expect Prius fuel mileage and you will be good.

akra11

Reaction score
Pull the trigger!!!!! :p:p:love::love::love:

Definitely love what the forum brings to the table in better understanding our trucks!!! If you get down to it, the forum represents what percentage of RAM owners??? 1% ??....I don't know. I do know the tremendous help in learning and experiencing my new RAM19 with the wealth of information (both great and bad) provided here with other forum members has been invaluable!!! Especially a well run forum (kudos to those that make it work!!!)

I can say I have had 2 recalls and the sway bar end links fixed. I still LOVE MY RAM!!!

Do I believe that RAM can do better with the "common problems"....YES. I have been fortunate to find a dealership that has made the difference as well in my experiences with my truck.

Key point....IF I had the opportunity to turn back time to the day I purchased my RAM19, I would do it all over again...nough said!!!:love:
What he said. Go 4 it, you will love the truck.

Jackham

Reaction score
As I have posted before. Remember, 1300 trucks a day coming off the line. Now consider how few people have issues. Do the math.
However, if something does come up it sure is nice to be able to consult the brain trust on this forum. It can really help.

Gtbrown

Reaction score
Love what they did to the 19 RAM. Want to get a limited but have almost been completely scared off after being on this forum and reading other things. I have an 2017 Laramie loaded and have the itch for something new. Is the new RAM really this problematic or is it a case of vocal minority? Thanks guys!

I ordered my Limited on 1/11/19. After ordering I found this forum, and by the time I took delivery of my truck the beginning of March I was VERY leary of what I getting myself into. I've only had it a month, with just over 1,000 miles, so its still very new. However, I've experienced nothing but positive performance. Auto highbeams, lane assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, 12" Uconnect, air suspension, eTorque engine, ETC. All fantastic, all performing perfectly.

I couldn't be happier. I will give you a piece of advice that is key to understanding operation of the truck. READ THE MANUAL. Auto start HVAC performance, lane assist, saving settings in the Uconnect system (station presets, phone volume, etc) and SO MANY OTHER ITEMS that are shown as "issues" on this forum are simply programmed operations that are not being set correctly.

I've read in several posts how the HVAC system blows cold air....read about how its programmed and the operation will be explained. Not a defect at all, an intentional programmed convenience. I write this as an example.....

Trfnj74

Reaction score
I had the same the reservations about purchasing my Limited. I shopped around at the big 3 trucks and I kept coming back to Ram. I feel the interior fit and finish on these new Rams sets a new bar. Honestly all the truck manufacturers have problems, so I just choose the one that gave me warm and fuzzy feeling. You wont be disappointed!

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I came from Ford my entire life, recently 2013,2016,2018 F-150 Platinums. This truck hands down beats them all. I honestly feel like I can keep this one long term. I do want to address this comment though and not intending to derail this thread

I've read in several posts how the HVAC system blows cold air....read about how its programmed and the operation will be explained. Not a defect at all, an intentional programmed convenience. I write this as an example.....

I can't understand how when it's freezing cold outside you think an intentional convenience is to blow cold air from the upper dash vents when starting up. The vehicle is set to Auto and they shouldn't blow until engine is warmed. Also, it can be be 50 outside and the vehicle climate se to auto and it blows A/C in your face when set to 75. Ram needs to work on these HVAC settings because in the vehicles I have owned in the past they do not function as RAM does

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered my Limited on 1/11/19. After ordering I found this forum, and by the time I took delivery of my truck the beginning of March I was VERY leary of what I getting myself into. I've only had it a month, with just over 1,000 miles, so its still very new. However, I've experienced nothing but positive performance. Auto highbeams, lane assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, 12" Uconnect, air suspension, eTorque engine, ETC. All fantastic, all performing perfectly.

I couldn't be happier. I will give you a piece of advice that is key to understanding operation of the truck. READ THE MANUAL. Auto start HVAC performance, lane assist, saving settings in the Uconnect system (station presets, phone volume, etc) and SO MANY OTHER ITEMS that are shown as "issues" on this forum are simply programmed operations that are not being set correctly.

I agree with the reading the manual part. There's a lot of computer programming instead of old fashioned knobs and buttons and it can give the appearance of something not working. I had this same experience. First few times driving at night I thought my auto dim mirror wasn't working. Turned out I had it turned off in settings.

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
My 3 previous trucks were F150's, the last was a 16 Platinum. Great trucks. Never thought i would own a Ram. Test drove a new Ram Limited and the rest is history. Nothing but miles of smiles here. Love this truck.

Eric82much

Reaction score
I still have my 2001 and 2006 Laramie (172,00 and 177,000 miles respectively). I'm looking to purchase 2019 Longhorn and I've heard about several recurring issues (water leaks, cabin noise, Uconnect, transmission, etc.). I know only a minority of owners and its the first year and all, but I can't be without my truck for extended periods for warranty work especially if its something that they know is a problem. I read this entire thread and feel better. However, could someone tell me if Ram (FCA) is fixing the recalls and other known defects on the assembly line or waiting for end users to bring them in for service. Should I wait for 2020, so they can work out the bugs? Does FCA monitor and can they respond?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with mine. I've owned mine 5 months and 2500 miles.

DaMythDaLegend

Reaction score
I still have my 2001 and 2006 Laramie (172,00 and 177,000 miles respectively). I'm looking to purchase 2019 Longhorn and I've heard about several recurring issues (water leaks, cabin noise, Uconnect, transmission, etc.). I know only a minority of owners and its the first year and all, but I can't be without my truck for extended periods for warranty work especially if its something that they know is a problem. I read this entire thread and feel better. However, could someone tell me if Ram (FCA) is fixing the recalls and other known defects on the assembly line or waiting for end users to bring them in for service. Should I wait for 2020, so they can work out the bugs? Does FCA monitor and can they respond?

uhh..why would they not? and yes...they are.

Eric82much

Reaction score
uhh..why would they not? and yes...they are.
I figured they would, but when I was at the dealer on Friday the salesman told me that the truck I wanted to test drive was in service for recall work. Wasn't sure if they were shipping trucks out and expecting the dealers to fix everything. I'd much prefer the truck was built right, rather than fixed by local mechanics. Still a lot of bugs out there for the kind of money I'm about to spend. I don't want to constantly be at service dept.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I figured they would, but when I was at the dealer on Friday the salesman told me that the truck I wanted to test drive was in service for recall work. Wasn't sure if they were shipping trucks out and expecting the dealers to fix everything. I'd much prefer the truck was built right, rather than fixed by local mechanics. Still a lot of bugs out there for the kind of money I'm about to spend. I don't want to constantly be at service dept.
There have been a couple of recalls that require very minor fixes (tightening ground straps, attaching a clip to the adjustable pedals) that FCA has had dealers correct. These must be corrected (legally) before sale.

I took delivery of my (absolutely loaded) truck in September, and the most significant issue thus far has been the rear seat recline mechanisms. I've had the aforementioned recalls done, the HK TSB applied, and the usual PCM / TCM / HCM updates on these visits. I've observed a few quirks with settings, e.g. air suspension can be 'fooled' into staying in Entry/Exit mode, but I've not experienced any meaningful issues with the powertrain, electrical systems, air suspension, or panoramic roof. Overall, I'm a satisfied buyer. But I also appreciate the complexity of this vehicle, so I purchased a lifetime warranty (when it was available).

Some have asked about quality differences expected on the 2020 trucks. I hope everyone realizes that the only difference between a 2019 and a 2020 is a moment in time on the production line. Sure, there will be some new features introduced "for the 2020 model year". But some of those have actually already gone into production (e.g. revised camera modules) as soon as they became available. And some features won't be available until sometime after the designated 2020 launch date, so they'll roll into production whenever they are ready. I wouldn't necessarily expect any measurable difference in quality to magically happen at the start of the 2020 model year. I'm happy to be proven wrong, of course!

PanchitoR76

Reaction score
We own two of them at our household, one is a limited 11K miles and mine is a bighorn 3700 miles, both are 2019, we have not had any issues, we love our trucks, I do have to agree with you when you read some of the stuff here anyone could easily get scared! On top of that there are also the negative people telling you how Ram trucks lose all the value, that Toyota is better (or any brand of their preference) blah blah blah, I keep telling them how much I love all of the features none of the competitors offer, test drive one and you’ll fall in love!
Good Luck!

Attachments

• F68FC768-FBB5-4F62-BA3C-DE8D77737541.jpeg
    F68FC768-FBB5-4F62-BA3C-DE8D77737541.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread