5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scared to do CarPlay...again

nebraskaram01

Reaction score
I bought my Ram in May. First day: hook up Apple X, screen was unresponsive- even after restarting truck. Would not reset. Unplugged battery- then keyless entry wouldn’t work. Took it in- reset truck. They were grumpy I did the batttery deal. Have not plugged in iPhone again bc I fear it will lock up.

nebraskaram01

Reaction score
Should also note that over time the loss of preset memory was corrected with programming a name into the system etc. every now and then it will act funky but corrects after pushing power twice.

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have an XS Max and use CarPlay every time I get in the truck. I’m a big fan of it. I say give it another go!

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can’t blame you for the fear but like all fear, sooner or later you’ll have to face it. ;)

Just plan to do it on a day that you know you can “sacrifice” the day and know that the dealer is open so you can drive down and make them fix it on the spot.

Users who are viewing this thread