5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scared the begebies out of me!!

JRR33

Reaction score
While slowing to a stop for a light the front sensor starts screaming, scared the $#@! out of me..... I had to quickly hit the power switch and turn it off. When I pulled over to check the front of my new truck,, i found that snow had covered the sensors!!! This is my first vehicle with parking sensors. Never knew this happened.... crazy!

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup. Snow will cover them, usually the truck will catch it and say they're unavailable.
I've even had a leaf fall just right that it wedged around the sensor and would cover the sensor when I stopped.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Bigtone

Reaction score
Happens fairly often in the winter weather. Used to own a few Cadillac DTS's, their sensors are alot worse in the snow.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Right there with you dude. During the blizzard the other day, I had to turn off my rear brake-assist, as the sensors detected the flying flakes, and started braking me constantly when I was trying to reverse into the garage.

kilcher

Reaction score
We haven't really gotten any snow here in central IL yet but thanks for posting this, this'll be my first winter with the front sensors and it's good to be reminded of it before it actually happens!

bbcajjelly

Reaction score
While slowing to a stop for a light the front sensor starts screaming, scared the $#@! out of me..... I had to quickly hit the power switch and turn it off. When I pulled over to check the front of my new truck,, i found that snow had covered the sensors!!! This is my first vehicle with parking sensors. Never knew this happened.... crazy!
I just got a 2021 Ram Laramie and 3 times in the past 24 hrs, while backing up the brakes lock up on me. 2 times on my driveway it might drop 6 inches in 10 ft! one time on flat street, took it to dealer and they said, door not shut all the way, i can disable it, then they took it to the back and tec said they couldn't find anything wrong and was nothing in system showing it happened! My problem is if you disengage it and and someone walks behind you in a parking lot, which other shopper do or car comes flying down when you are unable to see.
RAM FIX IT TO THIS PROBLEM IS TO DISABLE A SAFTEY FIXTURE!
If that happens to me, i think Ram and the dealership should be liable

bbcajjelly

Reaction score
scary the crap out of me all three times...but for the tec to say nothing in system shows it happened
HELP

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
scary the crap out of me all three times...but for the tec to say nothing in system shows it happened
HELP
There's a setting to turn off the automatic reverse braking. It is overly sensitive so I suggest you turn it off. Mine has been off since the day I brought her home as it would be extremely annoying with the angle of my driveway.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My driveway has an incline. Got sick of auto brake whiplash. Turned off auto braking but keep sensors on even though they beep at the incline now and then.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
This is scary
All this cool tech we think we wanted and lots or issues with it. Only safer on sunny days.lol

Bizkit

Reaction score
I read on another site that there was a TSB for this problem. Anyone know if this is true?

Terb59

Reaction score
I have a steep driveway. To mitigate the brakes from locking, I found backing at an angle prevents a lock-up. Give it a try if you have room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Damn thing has scared the chit out of me 2-3 times already as well.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Too much tech! If people paid better attention, they wouldn't walk behind a moving vehicle. And the driver should be looking as they are backing. Not at the camera, but out the back window. If everybody did what's been standard practice for backing up for the past 100 years, we'd all be fine.

I know I'm not the only one that notices all of the tech on vehicles today are advertised to show what the car does FOR you when you aren't paying attention. Drop you phone and you reach for it, lane assist puts you back in your lane. Zoning out while driving and forward brake assist will brake for you when you approach the car ahead of you. Start backing up without looking and auto braking takes over when there's a person there. Start changing lanes without looking in your mirror or looking over your shoulder and the vehicle corrects.

All of these gadgets are being designed to protect us from ourselves because people have lost the skills required to drive. And they don't road test kids for driving tests or teach them how to drive anymore, so what should we expect?

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Too much tech! If people paid better attention, they wouldn't walk behind a moving vehicle. And the driver should be looking as they are backing. Not at the camera, but out the back window. If everybody did what's been standard practice for backing up for the past 100 years, we'd all be fine.

I know I'm not the only one that notices all of the tech on vehicles today are advertised to show what the car does FOR you when you aren't paying attention. Drop you phone and you reach for it, lane assist puts you back in your lane. Zoning out while driving and forward brake assist will brake for you when you approach the car ahead of you. Start backing up without looking and auto braking takes over when there's a person there. Start changing lanes without looking in your mirror or looking over your shoulder and the vehicle corrects.

All of these gadgets are being designed to protect us from ourselves because people have lost the skills required to drive. And they don't road test kids for driving tests or teach them how to drive anymore, so what should we expect?
37897CAD-89DB-4AFF-B63B-46FE011DCC85.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread