5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scanguage 2 equivalent?

Javerso

Reaction score
Hello,
Is there an equivalent to the scanguage 2 that is app controlled? I don’t want to add another thing to my dash. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Torque Pro. Can make your gauges yourself in any format you want. It supports android auto so you can slap them up on the radio.

Javerso

Reaction score
Does it work with CarPlay? I’m an apple guy. Lol

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are no OBDII apps that work through Carplay as far as I know. Torque Pro does work on an Iphone.

Javerso

Reaction score
I see the app for IOS. What is the best module to plug into Obd port that will work with Torque pro? And does it monitor regen?

Thanks

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used the OBDII LX and a lot of folks use the MX. I don't like having it on my phone so I went with the Edge CTS 3. Yes, if you display the proper PIDs they all monitor Regen.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello,
Is there an equivalent to the scanguage 2 that is app controlled? I don’t want to add another thing to my dash. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Joe

If all you’re doing is using it to read temps, soot level, boost, etc., then you might consider an OBDLink MX+ as mine works flawlessly with my iPhone.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, I’ve owned ScanGauge II and this is much easier to set up as well as much less cryptic than ScanGauge II. ScanGauge II is like DOS whereas MX+ is graphical like Windows.

Javerso

Reaction score
I just ordered the obd11 Mx+. Should have tomorrow. Can’t wait to try it out.

Thanks everyone

Javerso

Reaction score
Ok. Received my Obd. What’s the best app to use with it? Paid or not. I find the one MX one is kinda boring. Also a major pain to find the options I want to monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread