5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saturday Morning in the Desert

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is the law still in effect?

Yup, called being featureless, essentially no pistol grip or flash hider if you want to have a standard removable magazine in CA. Most use a standard style pistol grip but with a removable fin.

My AR-15 looks like a space gun with the stalk/grip and compressor I have on my rifle. Another stupid thing I have is 10/20 magazines, essentially 20 round Magpul magazines that have a 10 round limit to be legal in CA.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, called being featureless, essentially no pistol grip or flash hider if you want to have a standard removable magazine in CA. Most use a standard style pistol grip but with a removable fin.

My AR-15 looks like a space gun with the stalk/grip and compressor I have on my rifle. Another stupid thing I have is 10/20 magazines, essentially 20 round Magpul magazines that have a 10 round limit to be legal in CA.
Yup. We all do in Gavin's Kingdom.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
High temp BBQ Grill paint.

I've been considering buying and installing the OEM black skid plate, it isn't too expensive, but the labor involved was surprisingly extensive.

I think masking and painting the OEM one maybe the better way to go. Maybe even the RAM letters on the grill, the OEM ones are $75 for those small plastic letters.

Trinitiii

Reaction score
I've been considering buying and installing the OEM black skid plate, it isn't too expensive, but the labor involved was surprisingly extensive.

I think masking and painting the OEM one maybe the better way to go. Maybe even the RAM letters on the grill, the OEM ones are $75 for those small plastic letters.
Do you have the part number for the skid plate and letters?

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yep.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Do you have the part number for the skid plate and letters?

The OEM black skid plate: 5ZB47GXHAA - Front Bumper 2020-2024 Ram 1500 | Mopar Wholesale Parts
Part: 5ZB47GXHAA

THE OEM black grill letters: Authentic Mopar Emblem Blacked Out RAM Front Grille Badge - 68298470AA | Mopar Online Parts
Part: 68298470AA

You can get cheaper prices than the links I provided above if you search around, but I wanted to post two trusted sources. There are several videos online that show in detail how to swap out the skid plate, I would watch that before you consider buying one. They are mostly TRX guys, since they all come with silver skid plates and the OEM black skid plate from Rebels black package fits. It's rather more involving that most people suspect to change out.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No pictures shooting the M1 Grand?
Thre is something wrong with the follower. It's not accepting the clips and when it does it doesn't feed properly so I didn't get to put many rounds through it. After I get it figured out I'll post some pics.

Users who are viewing this thread