5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Santa’s New Sleigh

Dyne

Reaction score
You will need to remove and disassemble the calipers (I did the rotors too) and then spend some time with a file to smooth out some of the seam/mold marks so that it has a better finished appearance. The powder coat company should be able to powder coat in 2 days including taping up ALL of the areas that you don’t want coated like the machined mating surfaces and of course the sliding parts and piston holes. Be extra sure that the pistons and sliding parts do not have ANY sand blasting media inside them.
You will need to bleed the brakes.
Business has been slow for my local mechanic due to the CoVid-19 issue so he was willing to keep my truck on his rack for a few days as long as I paid him to remove the calipers and bleed the brakes. Money well spent!
Hey so I was looking at getting this done too. I’ve been looking for new seal kits but Chrysler says they don’t make them and can’t really find them. Do you remember if he reused the old seals for the calipers or bought new ones? If he used new ones do you know or find out what kit he used? Thanks

Santa

Reaction score
Hey so I was looking at getting this done too. I’ve been looking for new seal kits but Chrysler says they don’t make them and can’t really find them. Do you remember if he reused the old seals for the calipers or bought new ones? If he used new ones do you know or find out what kit he used? Thanks
We used the old seals since the truck only has a hundred miles on it.

Users who are viewing this thread