5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Samsung phones now can connect to android auto wirelessly

Neokane

Reaction score

StrangeGuy

Reaction score
That article states that you will need an Android car head unit that supports wireless mode. Does anyone know if 2019/2020 displays support wireless mode? Or does this statement just mean that it needs to support wireless Bluetooth phone connections?

Tred

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that I have read that at least the 12" UConnect does support the Android Auto wireless mode, but that FCA had not yet flashed the units to enable that function.

Vincey2kr1

Reaction score
Has anyone tried? I've got a note 10 plus and you have to be connected to the trucks WiFi. Might try to get it working when I have time this evening

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Many, many threads on this to the point there needs to be a sticky at the top of the 'tech' forum:

1. UConnect units in 2019/20 Rams do not support wireless CarPlay or Android Auto, regardless of what the mobile device can do.
  2. The 'WiFi' in any UConnect unit is for hotspot use only, not for carplay/android-auto
  3. Bluetooth only supports audio and pairing connections. That's it. It doesn't have the bandwidth for video (that's a technical limitation).
  4. Right now the only option for CarPlay/AAuto is USB. Get yourself a nice 90* cable and life is good. Go for magnetic and life is good-er.
I'll change this list if anyone has video evidence, but beyond that, my iPhone 8, Note10+, Note8, S8 work wired only

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread