5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sales Code Flash (vs ODBGenie or alternate)

kjn86

Reaction score
I took off my tow mirrors (they are for sale in the buy/sell forum...) and replaced them with regular mirrors. My old mirrors didn't have heat but the new ones do. Need to enable one or two sales codes to turn on the heat. Does anyone have any advice for getting a dealer to do this? I seem to find a lot of posts where the dealer just won't do it/say it can't be done, but there are others where they did the same thing without an issue. Seems to be on the dealership. I think this is a more economical route than buying an aftermarket product like Tazer or ODBGenie since if the dealer will do it, it's probably $100 or less, maybe free. Thanks for any thoughts.

2019Ram64

Reaction score
Dealers are limited to what they can do. There is a vehicle option section after they enter your vin. If what you did is there it can possible be done. I say possible because there is no guarantee adding a sales code to the vehicle configuration will work. There is other factors as well for example if your door modules support heated mirrors. If they don’t they never will unless you replace the modules with ones that do.
And if the option you want isn’t available there is nothing that can be done on the dealer level.
Now someone like me can add it to a bcm with or without the car. But the same thing applies. If the feature you want added is supported by the installed components.

kjn86

Reaction score
Dealers are limited to what they can do. There is a vehicle option section after they enter your vin. If what you did is there it can possible be done. I say possible because there is no guarantee adding a sales code to the vehicle configuration will work. There is other factors as well for example if your door modules support heated mirrors. If they don’t they never will unless you replace the modules with ones that do.
And if the option you want isn’t available there is nothing that can be done on the dealer level.
Now someone like me can add it to a bcm with or without the car. But the same thing applies. If the feature you want added is supported by the installed components.

My modules support it and it is available on my same model. I basically downgraded the tow package, so the standard Rebel has the mirrors I have installed.

What do you mean "someone like me can add it to a BCM with or without the car"? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread