5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safest Truck I’ve ever driven

HoodieNate

Reaction score
I just wanted to share a story of what happened tonight, I was on my way home in a 55 MPH Zone when all of a sudden a minivan hits a red light and zooms in front of me, the brakes that the 2019 Ram’s have saved my life tonight, I was able to bring the entire truck to a full stop literally inches away from a collision. Thank you Ram for making a product so safe and enjoyable.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
I just wanted to share a story of what happened tonight, I was on my way home in a 55 MPH Zone when all of a sudden a minivan hits a red light and zooms in front of me, the brakes that the 2019 Ram’s have saved my life tonight, I was able to bring the entire truck to a full stop literally inches away from a collision. Thank you Ram for making a product so safe and enjoyable.

That’s a great story, not that you nearly wrecked your truck but that it was able to stop without hitting the van. Do you have the preventative braking technology? If you do, did it activate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turin

Reaction score
Do you have the preventative braking technology? If you do, did it activate?
That was my question as well. I've left automatic forward braking disabled (warning only) due to some of the stories here about it activating when there's nothing in front of the truck. I'd like to enable for situations like this, though, where the truck can react more quickly than I could.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had my BRAKE! dash light up several times but never automatically brake for me, until Saturday. I was turning right off of a 55MPH road where there's a nice curve involved. I think I turned a few times at 55 in the old Mercedes but this time I was going ~45. The problem was that there was traffic sitting at the stop sign coming off of this turn to the right, i.e. the computer saw the non-moving mass of vehicles and since i wasn't on the brake (might have been on the gas...) it braked hard.

I made a grunt as the seatbelt locked up and my first thought was "what the?" I was lucky I wasn't rear ended by the car behind me but really just felt foolish.

Made a mental note to don't do that again. Can't drive it in "sport mode" with FCW turned on - or at least keep a little brake applied so it doesn't think you're out of control.

HoodieNate

Reaction score
That’s a great story, not that you nearly wrecked your truck but that it was able to stop without hitting the van. Do you have the preventative braking technology? If you do, did it activate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I don’t have that option on my truck. Thankfully I’m always aware of my surroundings and the brakes on this beast are amazing

Users who are viewing this thread