5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safe lift

ToyjoHa

Reaction score
What is the highest lift that I can use but still maintain the center of gravity and safety? I will be doing no off-road and travel the highways of Miami often where the flow of traffic is 80+ at times. This will just be for aesthetics and tire clearance taking into consideration that I will be buying wheels and tires later the will be beefing and stick out and as largest as I can go with affecting the speedometer.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
That is about as subjective as you can get. I imagine you will get lots of opinions on this one. Personally, I would say 6", looks good not too high for 80 mph. When tire shopping, keep in mind revolving mass, and what will be needed to bring all that weight to a stop. Sounds like quite the project.

DivingOtter

Reaction score
I saw one in Seattle years ago that the floor board was 4.5-5' off the ground. Part of the that was the massive tires.... Not sure how SAFE it was, but the lady who was driving it was only 4'-8"!

Chris VB

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn’t be too concerned with center of gravity if you just Hwy drive. I have an 8” lift with 37” tires on my sport and I can whip around corners and never feel as if I’ll roll over lol stopping is not an issue in the slightest.
If it’s the look you want, get that look.
I have worse fuel mileage, less steering radius, rougher ride and a wide that needs a stool and wouldn’t change it for anything ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris VB

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn’t be too concerned with center of gravity if you just Hwy drive. I have an 8” lift with 37” tires on my sport and I can whip around corners and never feel as if I’ll roll over lol stopping is not an issue in the slightest.
If it’s the look you want, get that look.
I have worse fuel mileage, less steering radius, rougher ride and a wide that needs a stool and wouldn’t change it for anything ;)

*wife

Users who are viewing this thread