5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S.O.T.A. Scar and Nitto Ridge Grapplers

SamCooper

Reaction score
After a month of looking at wheels I finally decided on the S.O.T.A. Scars, 20" x 9" with 0 offset and the Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 33" x 11.5" x 20". I bought the package online at Custom Offsets. After a couple weeks nothing had shipped so after many emails and a few more weeks of waiting I finally got them. Custom Offsets blamed the manufacturer and their warehouse but who knows.

I had them shipped to my shop and they mounted them right away. Looked great and road smooth. But, the aftermarket TPMS weren't working. After numerous tries to get them working the shop called 2 local tire places and they both said the 2019 DT's needed to go to the dealer. The dealer couldn't get them working so I had them replace them, Custom Offsets refunded my money on the sensors. Now, after 2 months, all is well.
P4240012.JPG P4240014.JPG

bonebro

Reaction score
Looks sick man! What did that package set ya back? Minus all the headache

sgk

Reaction score
After a month of looking at wheels I finally decided on the S.O.T.A. Scars, 20" x 9" with 0 offset and the Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 33" x 11.5" x 20". I bought the package online at Custom Offsets. After a couple weeks nothing had shipped so after many emails and a few more weeks of waiting I finally got them. Custom Offsets blamed the manufacturer and their warehouse but who knows.

I had them shipped to my shop and they mounted them right away. Looked great and road smooth. But, the aftermarket TPMS weren't working. After numerous tries to get them working the shop called 2 local tire places and they both said the 2019 DT's needed to go to the dealer. The dealer couldn't get them working so I had them replace them, Custom Offsets refunded my money on the sensors. Now, after 2 months, all is well.
View attachment 23620 View attachment 23619
worth the wait, looks very nice.

SamCooper

Reaction score
Looks sick man! What did that package set ya back? Minus all the headache
Custom Offsets was pretty cool with giving me a discount for the wait and free faster shipping. Originally it was $3300.00. After the waiting discount and the TPMS refund and then buying new Ram sensors and having the tires remounted and rebalanced it ended up being $3200.00.

Jplumley

Reaction score
How’s the ride? Waiting on my 275/60s and thinking I may switch the order to 55. I like the lower profile but don’t want to compromise ride quality.

SamCooper

Reaction score
Truck came with 22's and the stock rubber didn't have a tall sidewall but with the help of the air suspension it rode fine, except sharp bumps seemed a little harsh. Since I went with 20's the tires now have a taller sidewall. Even though they are a greater load range the taller sidewall and air suspension make for an even better ride, especially on sharp bumps. Road noise is just a little louder, but all in all it's a better ride all around.

Millertime

Reaction score
Any shots of the truck down the side to see how much they stick out? I'm on a delimma atm to decide if I want to order my truck with factory 22s or leave it come with standard 20 inch wheels abs upgrade the wheel and tire package when I get the lift installed.

AtmozFear

Reaction score
I'm curious to see how the sensors are in my new wheels and tires when I get my truck this week. I ordered everything from custom offsets, as well.

SamCooper

Reaction score
Any shots of the truck down the side to see how much they stick out? I'm on a delimma atm to decide if I want to order my truck with factory 22s or leave it come with standard 20 inch wheels abs upgrade the wheel and tire package when I get the lift installed.
They're pretty much flush.
P4240019.JPG

SamCooper

Reaction score
I'm curious to see how the sensors are in my new wheels and tires when I get my truck this week. I ordered everything from custom offsets, as well.
I love to know if things work out for you, they assured me all would be fine but the sensors had to be replaced, they did refund my money for them.

AtmozFear

Reaction score
I love to know if things work out for you, they assured me all would be fine but the sensors had to be replaced, they did refund my money for them.

After getting the new wheels and everything on, the sensors worked just fine. I guess I got lucky, haha. It goes in this morning for alignment now. I rub just about as bad as I expected it would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/