5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S.O.S. !!! Locked out of 2021 RAM & Engine Running (key inside) Uconnect unlock signal NOT unlocking door!!!!!!

Palaverphobe

Reaction score
My RAM 1500 is locked, keys are inside and the engine is running!!!!
Uconnect signal isn’t unlocking the doors and neither did the signal sent by the customer service person.

I just started the truck to get the AC going b/c it’s scorching hot outside & the doors locked on their own!

Any suggestions besides waiting until it runs out of gas?

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
AAA or Locksmith?
Whoever you think will get there faster. AAA will likely use a slimjim or slip a bag in the door frame and inflate it enough to slip a rod in and unlock it. If they go slimjim, ask 'em to do it on a rear door. If they break a clip or mess up the wires, kit's less of a PITA than it is if the drivers door no longer unlocks.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whoever you think will get there faster. AAA will likely use a slimjim or slip a bag in the door frame and inflate it enough to slip a rod in and unlock it. If they go slimjim, ask 'em to do it on a rear door. If they break a clip or mess up the wires, kit's less of a PITA than it is if the drivers door no longer unlocks.
Good point about rear door. AAA unlocked my GMC twice using an inflated bag, No damage thankfully!

Palaverphobe

Reaction score
AAA came and used inflator bag on passenger door w/ no damage and no charge.

But seriously, shouldn’t the U-Connect “unlock door” feature work even when the engine is running??? If a 2nd key fob can open a locked door when the engine is running, why not an “unlock” signal sent from U-Connect?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found the remote services from u-connect to work less than 50% of the time. I did not renew my subscription if that tells you anything.

Ive ran my truck with remote start and manually started unattended many times and I’ve never had the door lock. I’d have thought the truck would detect the key while it was inside and allow you to open the doors from the outside but I guess not. I’ll have to check it on my truck.

tsbbartholomew1

Reaction score
My truck locks automatically every time the remote start is used. I thought this was just a part of the remote start...now I also thought though that the truck would never lock with the fob in the truck though so that this could not happen.

LouNY

Reaction score
Good to hear that you got into your truck. Many times Uconnect wouldn't work on my 2015.
I have heard many times that you couldn't lock your key fob in your truck, BULL the doors will easily lock
in many ways with the key fob in the vehicle. Any time you remote start either by a second key fob or U connect the doors will lock.
Also a dog or a kid can lock the doors with the vehicle running. Also manually locking a door and closing it can do so many times.
Your best bet is to get a hide a way key box and have the manual door key copied and placed were you can get to it with the vehicle
locked (not under the hood)

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
AAA came and used inflator bag on passenger door w/ no damage and no charge.

But seriously, shouldn’t the U-Connect “unlock door” feature work even when the engine is running??? If a 2nd key fob can open a locked door when the engine is running, why not an “unlock” signal sent from U-Connect?
double check the door frame where they used the bag, my wife's car they bent the window frame and it whistled in the wind, dealer said they cant do anything about it and its our fault.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
UConnect is an FCA Italian word that in English means “Free the first year, cost prohibitive from then on, and works only 25% of the time. Those Americans sure are a bunch of suckers!”

Did you call Ram Roadside Assistance at 877-271-1708? Or UConnect to try unlocking it and if they could not they would have transferred you to Ram Roadside Assistance.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
UConnect is an FCA Italian word that in English means “Free the first year, cost prohibitive from then on, and works only 25% of the time. Those Americans sure are a bunch of suckers!”

Well us smart American's wont be purchasing it for consecutive years to come.
you must be from Canada, do you sleep with the lights on...

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
4th Gen Choctaw
5th Gen German
6th Gen Slave
All Americans in the end.

And the late model Dodge Chargers will not normally let you lock the fob in the car unattended. But it acts completely differently when started remotely. I never figured that one out.

Users who are viewing this thread