5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S&B Filters Cold Air Intake

Pompito

Reaction score
So, I got this CAI for my 2020 Rebel. I always install CAI filters on my trucks, love the growl and looks cool. Besides that, we can all agree how useless this is (before someone starts discussing this). Was kind of a pain to install since the wheel liner is bolted to the bottom of the stock intake box so you have to go into the wheel liner to remove and then re-install those bolts to the new CAI or your wheel liner will be hanging by a clip, much easier with the wheel out so lazy me did not remove the wheel. Very happy with it.
Here is a link to it:
S&B CAI 75-5124
sb.jpg
sb1.jpg sb2.jpg

billyraff

Reaction score
Do you get a whistle at 1-2k rpm and then why you let off the gas? I’ve had 4 different intakes that you can hear air sucking but this is much higher pitched..

Pompito

Reaction score
I have no whistle, my old tundra use to do that with the CAI. It sounded turboish. There is a vent on the S&B box that you can open for more growl or leave it closed. The vent is near the liner and it rains here a lot and floods so I left the vent on the SB filter box closed just to make sure no water gets into the box. It only sucks air thru the port on the grill.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
I installed that as my first mod but now I have a 87mm throttle body from Moe’s performence, and the AFE throttle body spacer. Those two made more of a difference than the S&B. I do love how it looks in the engine bay though.

Conundrum

Reaction score
I know S&B says to put the plug on the box to close it from the engine bay in hot climates. How many of you put the plug in anyway or do you recommend to leave it open?

TDP154

Reaction score
I know S&B says to put the plug on the box to close it from the engine bay in hot climates. How many of you put the plug in anyway or do you recommend to leave it open?
I leave mine open year round. No difference driving in the heat of summer. I feel that heat soaking is only going to be an issue at the drag strip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/