5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S&B Cold Air Intake ?

1923bob

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram Limited. I want to go with the S&B cold air intake I'm worried that disconnecting the battery during installation might screw up something. Any thoughts ?
Thanks Bob

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram Limited. I want to go with the S&B cold air intake I'm worried that disconnecting the battery during installation might screw up something. Any thoughts ?
Thanks Bob
You will lose some features for a few hours as the computer resets, but everything will be fine by the next day. Realistically, you don't need to disconnect the battery to swap intakes. And unless you are doing it for looks there's really nothing to be gained by installing the S&B

ais122

Reaction score
Have the same intake. Great upgrade :) Disconnected my battery during the install. Will take a few hours for things to get back to normal, but it's not nearly as bad as what you'll read online. In short, it's fine :)

Darkrt

Reaction score
Installed mine with no issues.

Attachments

• IMG_0774.JPG
    IMG_0774.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 68

1923bob

Reaction score
Have the same intake. Great upgrade :) Disconnected my battery during the install. Will take a few hours for things to get back to normal, but it's not nearly as bad as what you'll read online. In short, it's fine :)
Cool Thanks

1923bob

Reaction score
You will lose some features for a few hours as the computer resets, but everything will be fine by the next day. Realistically, you don't need to disconnect the battery to swap intakes. And unless you are doing it for looks there's really nothing to be gained by installing the S&B
Thanks ya I don't know what the idea of disconnecting it in the first place.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks ya I don't know what the idea of disconnecting it in the first place.
It's a liability thing for manufacturer. They don't want anyone blaming them for frying computer for not disconnecting battery. There is a sensor in the intake.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This was the procedure in the install directions for my RAM Airflow CAI. Doing this I didn’t lose anything. Everything was normal after.

7B61B13C-5B67-44E9-9364-19EB41767069.jpeg

1923bob

Reaction score
Thanks Bob
Update S&B is in looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread