5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S and B Intake

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I installed the S & B intake yesterday. It was an easy install with the most comprehensive set of instructions ever. Although the instructions aren’t included and you have to download and print out. It seems like a quality piece and gave me that 4 barrel sound I was looking for. Ordered from Matt at Moe’s Performance. Excellent service as usual from them.
Next thing is a different muffler. I believe I am going to try the B2 fabrication Magniflow setup.

sawyer84

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase and install. It looks like we will have the same setup. I did the B2 Magnaflow first and then I did the S&B CAI.

sawyer84

Reaction score
Yeah man, absolutely. The B2 Magnaflow muffler is the perfect sound, in my opinion, and was EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I installed the S & B intake yesterday. It was an easy install with the most comprehensive set of instructions ever. Although the instructions aren’t included and you have to download and print out. It seems like a quality piece and gave me that 4 barrel sound I was looking for. Ordered from Matt at Moe’s Performance. Excellent service as usual from them.
Next thing is a different muffler. I believe I am going to try the B2 fabrication Magniflow setup.

sawyer84

Reaction score
Well I’m not the OP, but I have the same intake.
15456846485f252800719f6a0640d3bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I left the auxiliary plug out of the S&B airbox and was loving the sound. That is until I pulled a trailer 60 miles on some hilly roads. The super loud intake noise was a little much after 20 miles. I put the plug back in. If I wasn’t pulling a trailer, I’d leave the plug out

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
I am wondering how this winter will be pulling 3 snowmobiles 12 hours to Canada! Interesting thought. I guess I'll see after the first trip. Better bring a couple tools and the plug in case I need it. Did it really make that big of a noise difference putting the plug in?

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
My B2 Fab muffler will be here Tuesday. Can't wait to get it installed! I think it will be a great combination.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
I have my plug out and planned on leaving it out.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I am wondering how this winter will be pulling 3 snowmobiles 12 hours to Canada! Interesting thought. I guess I'll see after the first trip. Better bring a couple tools and the plug in case I need it. Did it really make that big of a noise difference putting the plug in?
Yes it made a big difference if the plug was in or out. All you need is a Phillips screwdriver. Only 4 smayscrews

sawyer84

Reaction score
Are you running the plug in or out of your S&B airbox?

I’m running it with the plug out. But honestly, the only reason I’m doing that is because that’s what S&B said they recommended. However, from what little I know about ‘cold air intakes’, they are better when they are sealed on the hood to not allow the heat from the engine bay to enter the ‘cold air’. So maybe someone can shed some light on the benefits of leaving the plug out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caballonegro

Reaction score
My plug is in, only during summer, what I read was anything temps above 85 or so it benefits with the plug in. Right now we are hovering around 95 average temps. Planning to take the plug out in September. Any feedback would be welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread