5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rust protection for your Ram

Filmoreranger

Reaction score
Hey 5th Gen Family,

just wanted to reach out to see if anybody winterizes their Ram before winter? Do you wax and seal your Ram before the harass elements?
Just bought a 2021 Ram, so I’m looking to rust proof the under cartridge, and basically the whole truck. Any suggestions and pictures would really be appreciated. Thanks guys and gals.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have mine done through Ziebart. Rust proofing, undercoat, interior protection and it is ceramic coated.

Reverse

Reaction score
I feel pretty lucky living in the south :) Our 2014 (with 189000 miles) only has some light surface rust on frame (which was probably there from factory). Do you re-apply protection for every winter? How much does this treatment cost?

vincentw56

Reaction score
I feel pretty lucky living in the south :) Our 2014 (with 189000 miles) only has some light surface rust on frame (which was probably there from factory). Do you re-apply protection for every winter? How much does this treatment cost?
For me, it was $2000 for the lifetime of the vehicle. I just bring it in every year to have it reapplied.

jai91

Reaction score
I had NH Oil Undercoating Wax and Oil applied. Here is their website: https://nhoilundercoating.com
They are located in NH, but there are other people who they have trained throughout the US. I went to their NH location, they did a great job. I dropped it off on a Sunday, they prepped it and coated it Monday, and I picked it up Tuesday. The undercoat looks great. Worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_2376.jpg
    IMG_2376.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 69

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
For the underside I’ve always used ACF50. It’s kept all my vehicles spotless underneath through winters. This was my last truck after three north central pa winters

And luckily the ram has a better oem coating. So it will work even better
0b5eceb99dd755d2a303ecaab44a6e15.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/