5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rust Already?

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
Hi All,

Having been a member of this site for more than 6 months, and a lurker for a little longer than that, it is sad that my first post is going to be a rant.

I bought my truck (Pentastar Bighorn) in August of 2021 brand new off the lot. It now has ~12,000km on it and I love the machine! However, today we are having a beautiful sunny day and I decided to go out and give it a nice spring-cleaning, only to discover numerous areas of what appears to be rust spots ALL AROUND THE TRUCK!!! The worst spots are in the wheel wells, but there are spots on the door sill, the gas tank cover, the tail gate, everywhere!

This is particularly irksome to me because I sold my beloved 2010 F150 and bought this truck because of rust issues. My intent is to visit the dealership this week to have them look at it, though I am unsure what to expect. This is my first new vehicle and don't have much experience as to what is covered under warranty and what isn't.

I am attaching some pics here of the worst areas. Has this happened to anyone else?.....or am I just that unlucky?
Two words: Gyeon Iron

It will remove it. Don't freak out though because it turns purple when it contacts the embedded iron particles.

A4Owner

Reaction score
Looks like “rail dust” can be picked up from your brakes or anything steel really that settles on the paint. Fuel door is plastic so it won’t rust.

Wash your truck really well by hand and use an iron/fallout remover (any good detailing company has one in their lineup, I prefer chemical guys). Apply it to any area that the spots are on and wait for the iron remover to turn purple then wash it off.
My thoughts exactly. Hit is with a bit of fallout cleaner and you should be good.

Users who are viewing this thread