5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running Light Strip LED's Brighter

airvista66

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has put any thought into how or if it's possible to make the top and bottom LED strips on our headlights brighter? Jealous when I see chargers and the new Chevy's roll by.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has put any thought into how or if it's possible to make the top and bottom LED strips on our headlights brighter? Jealous when I see chargers and the new Chevy's roll by.
You would have to overdrive the LED boards, my guess they can't reliably handle more power going through them. It wont be long before diode dynamics and led concepts have replacement boards available, for brighter lights, switchback functions and RGB color change. Only downside, you have to open the head light housing to swap the boards which is not an easy task if you've never done it before.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Yes, Diode Dynamics has come out with new RGBW boards and the white LED is brighter than stock. Headlights have to be opened up, but the boards are drop-ins.

7amada

Reaction score
Thats crazy. I deff dont feel comfortable opening the headlights.
Wonder if a shop will do it and warranty their work

Users who are viewing this thread