5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running light fuse, engine bay

Smoke

Reaction score
Recently put led running lights in lower air dam, ran wires to engine fuse box. They now turn on when the ignition is turned on, so all the time the engine is running, can't seem to find the fuse terminal for parking or running lights. Any help would be greatrly appreciated.
2020 Ram Laramie sport.
Thx

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
There are fuses for the running lights, but they're those big cartridge types, so I don;t know if there are fuse taps available. This might help. https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...circuit-breaker-diagrams-documentation.28989/

Update: I was intrigued, so I poked around a little. Underhood fuse f12 is labelled for the trailer running lights. I pulled it and checked voltage. One side gets power with head or park lamps on. I'm guessing the other side goes back to the trailer connectors. I don't know if anyone makes fuse taps for that style of fuse, but it looks like someone with a few male and female spade terminals, some stiff wire, and a soldering iron could easily build some extensions to elevate the fuse a little and tap onto that.

Last edited:

Smoke

Reaction score
There are fuses for the running lights, but they're those big cartridge types, so I don;t know if there are fuse taps available. This might help. https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...circuit-breaker-diagrams-documentation.28989/

Update: I was intrigued, so I poked around a little. Underhood fuse f12 is labelled for the trailer running lights. I pulled it and checked voltage. One side gets power with head or park lamps on. I'm guessing the other side goes back to the trailer connectors. I don't know if anyone makes fuse taps for that style of fuse, but it looks like someone with a few male and female spade terminals, some stiff wire, and a soldering iron could easily build some extensions to elevate the fuse a little and tap onto that.
Thank you for the reply, I will give it a shot.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the truck does not have certain equipment installed, RAM will not even put the
contacts in the Fuse Box. I was looking to add F11 for the Cab Clearance Lights
I want to install. I have not seen any Tap a Circuits for the MCASE+ fuses either.

I have finished the Template for the Cab Lights I am using. While I had the upper
console removed, along with both "A" Pillar covers, I ran the Wiring Harness I made
with the T10 sockets. I still have to get the wires thru the firewall if I can't find a fuse
to tap under the Dash.

I used a 10GA wire to snake the other wires thru the headliner. I will be doing a write up
with everything I used along with the Template I made.

Malodave

guaporas

Reaction score
Recently put led running lights in lower air dam, ran wires to engine fuse box. They now turn on when the ignition is turned on, so all the time the engine is running, can't seem to find the fuse terminal for parking or running lights. Any help would be greatrly appreciated.
2020 Ram Laramie sport.
Thx
Ok so I installed rough country light bar behind the lower grill and am looking for a fuse that I can tap into for my power to be on only when the key on or truck running. Need a 20/30 AMP or higher any suggestions. I had to disconnect the power supply and the moment as its the wife's truck and she tends to hit the on switch and the lights kill the battery.

Mac10

Reaction score
guaporas, If you wire to interior fuse (box) F54B, it will only give you power when the ignition is on.

Users who are viewing this thread