5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running Boards

Brog91D

Reaction score
Just got my 2020 3500 Tradesman and i have running boards coming tomorrow. My question is have any of you had any issues with needing to reinforce the running boards back to the frame? I know that may sound a little ridiculous but i am not sure they connect to anything other than the body panels. I'm not small fella and neither is most of my family. None of the other trucks I've owned really needed any kind of a step so this is the first time needing to figure these things out. I do not want to damage the truck and have to fix that on top of resolving any issue with the running boards themselves.

P.S. I am also a bit of a forum newby. I've never joined any of these so take it easy on me.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Just got my 2020 3500 Tradesman and i have running boards coming tomorrow. My question is have any of you had any issues with needing to reinforce the running boards back to the frame? I know that may sound a little ridiculous but i am not sure they connect to anything other than the body panels. I'm not small fella and neither is most of my family. None of the other trucks I've owned really needed any kind of a step so this is the first time needing to figure these things out. I do not want to damage the truck and have to fix that on top of resolving any issue with the running boards themselves.

P.S. I am also a bit of a forum newby. I've never joined any of these so take it easy on me.
Welcome to the Forums and congrats on your new RAM!!! we are happy to have you!
No reinforcement needed. Just whichever brackets you get with it. Did you verify the weight limit on the boards? if it's in range, you're good to go.
I got some cheapo boards off of eBay and didn't do any reinforcement, and i'm a big dude too, i'm 6ft and and almost 300lbs

Brog91D

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums and congrats on your new RAM!!! we are happy to have you!
No reinforcement needed. Just whichever brackets you get with it. Did you verify the weight limit on the boards? if it's in range, you're good to go.
I got some cheapo boards off of eBay and didn't do any reinforcement, and i'm a big dude too, i'm 6ft and and almost 300lbs
Thanks brother. I’ll post some picks after install

Rhombus

Reaction score
There’s three mounting points under the truck for rails. Just be sure to chase the paint off the threads with a die first.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There’s three mounting points under the truck for rails. Just be sure to chase the paint off the threads with a die first.

Mine used a 4th

383eefb720f537544d10acb531776bd4.jpg

2020 1500 Canadian Sport 4x4 Delmonico Red

Users who are viewing this thread