5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running boards. Weathertec mudflaps. UAC

JBeckman

Reaction score
Well I've been busy past couple days. Installed some weathertech mudflaps. Imo they look seamless. Then I sold my factory qheels/tires to the dealer for "store credit". So I ordered some mopar 2" lifted UCA and some cab length running boards. Was on the fence abt the boards, but my wife talked me into them. What are your guys thoughts?

Btw the 2" lift UCA that they include in the kit are nothing but a re-part numbered stock arm. I set both side by side and measured every possible angle and dimension. I cannot find a difference at all. 20181025_141920.jpg 20181025_141956.jpg 20181025_142009.jpg

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
Well I've been busy past couple days. Installed some weathertech mudflaps. Imo they look seamless. Then I sold my factory qheels/tires to the dealer for "store credit". So I ordered some mopar 2" lifted UCA and some cab length running boards. Was on the fence abt the boards, but my wife talked me into them. What are your guys thoughts?

Btw the 2" lift UCA that they include in the kit are nothing but a re-part numbered stock arm. I set both side by side and measured every possible angle and dimension. I cannot find a difference at all. View attachment 6974 View attachment 6975 View attachment 6976

Regarding the stock vs replacement arm. Is it possible that they were different materials and that's how they improved the ones in the kit? Did they weigh the same give or take a few grams?

Just trying to imagine why they'd include identical arms in the kit and I can't think of anything that makes sense. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction though, so......

JBeckman

Reaction score
Regarding the stock vs replacement arm. Is it possible that they were different materials and that's how they improved the ones in the kit? Did they weigh the same give or take a few grams?

Just trying to imagine why they'd include identical arms in the kit and I can't think of anything that makes sense. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction though, so......

Actually that's one thing that I did not check. The weight. The mopar UCA is still a metal exterior w/ polymer filler, just like the factory. Appeared to be same thickness as well. Didnt want to sand off the coating to get true measurement.

Unless they increased the angle of the BJ, but that too was very marginal. Not enough to justify replacing IMO. So who knows. Probably just a way to justify the price... lol

itsrname2

Reaction score
Maybe it’s because you already have the off road package and with that package maybe it comes with the upgraded UCA since the off road package adds one inch.

JBeckman

Reaction score
Maybe it’s because you already have the off road package and with that package maybe it comes with the upgraded UCA since the off road package adds one inch.

I considered that, but the factory control arm is a different part #. If there wasnt some kind of difference of the part, why change the #? I think if someone could tell me their UCA part # on a non ORP then that might help.

From everything that I've read about the factory 1" lift, its obtained by the position of the lower perch on the strut. However I've never read anywhere where they change the UCA for this factory lift.

Leif_Ram2019

Reaction score
Yup, I found your other post where you drove 4.5 hours to get them, lol.

Pictured above... you have the off road suspension + 2" Rough Country level? Did you ever end up doing a spacer in the back. Truck looks solid! My White off road should be here any day and don't want to waste any time getting it leveled! Thanks, Leif

JBeckman

Reaction score
Yup, I found your other post where you drove 4.5 hours to get them, lol.

Pictured above... you have the off road suspension + 2" Rough Country level? Did you ever end up doing a spacer in the back. Truck looks solid! My White off road should be here any day and don't want to waste any time getting it leveled! Thanks, Leif

Yep it was worth the drive. Lol
Yes I have the ORP with 2" RC preload spacers. After everything was settled and driven for a while, I'm about 1/2" rake. For most it's good, but to me it looks nose high. Even knowing the measurement. I have the 1" spacers, just not installed yet. Need a day off. Lol but will post up how it looks.

Leif_Ram2019

Reaction score
Yes I have the ORP with 2" RC preload spacers. After everything was settled and driven for a while, I'm about 1/2" rake. For most it's good, but to me it looks nose high. Even knowing the measurement. I have the 1" spacers, just not installed yet. Need a day off. Lol but will post up how it looks.

Well it looks damn good. Perhaps a hair nose high. Either way you can't lose.

Leif_Ram2019

Reaction score

I'm not sure if I should thank you or curse you. I hadn't considered Rebel wheels until I saw your truck. Now I found a set and have to drive to Canada this weekend to get them, lol. They are about $1.1K US, which is far better than the $2.5K I was budgeting for a custom 20" wheel / tire package. TBD if I'm gonna follow through but definitely considering it.

JBeckman

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I should thank you or curse you. I hadn't considered Rebel wheels until I saw your truck. Now I found a set and have to drive to Canada this weekend to get them, lol. They are about $1.1K US, which is far better than the $2.5K I was budgeting for a custom 20" wheel / tire package. TBD if I'm gonna follow through but definitely considering it.

IMO it's worth it. If that price includes tires, it's a steel. I drove 4.5hr one way for mine.
I too was budgeting the same amount of money for some aftermarket. Glad I went this route, the wheels look natural on it.

Leif_Ram2019

Reaction score
IMO it's worth it. If that price includes tires, it's a steel. I drove 4.5hr one way for mine.
I too was budgeting the same amount of money for some aftermarket. Glad I went this route, the wheels look natural on it.

Yup, with the brand new stock Good Year Wrangler tires.

BiLlYDeE

Reaction score

Btw the 2" lift UCA that they include in the kit are nothing but a re-part numbered stock arm. I set both side by side and measured every possible angle and dimension. I cannot find a difference at all. View attachment 6974 View attachment 6975 View attachment 6976

Great-looking rig! Where did you buy your Weather tech mudflaps? Item number?

Users who are viewing this thread