5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running Boards/Step Rails for the 2019s

spark

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new Westin Outlaw running boards?

I am trying to decide between those and the Go Rhino D6, but no one seems to have installed the Westin's yet.

Reaction score
Well thought I'd chime in with my new steps. I haven't seen any pictures online really for these steps. Maybe 70 or so reviews from varies websites.

Anyhow, what we got here are the Westin R7 side steps. I looked at several steps going back and forth with the HDX extreme, hdx drop step, dominator and so on. I wanted something like the factory Mopar steps without the mopar price, and these fit the bill. I was between the R5 and R7 but decided the R7 fill the gap under the truck better then the R5 and plus 7" of foot room is a bonus.

Install wasn't to bad I ended up putting truck on ramps to make the install easier. The little bracket caps give a nice finished look. Stuck with the black coat due to the rest of the truck being no chrome allowed type of truck.

If you notice I also got colour matched logos for my RAM logo on grill and the 1500 5.7 Hemi on the hood. Just placed my order for the B2 magnaflow muffler and I think that's it for mods for the time. Front windows and pano roof tinted along with a windshield sun strip done awhile back. 1.5months 4000km and that's what I've done.

Anyhow here are the pictures. Got an awesome price from a Canadian website (I'm in Canada). They ended up being about $350/$400cdn cheaper then mopar.

pfk167

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new Westin Outlaw running boards?

I am trying to decide between those and the Go Rhino D6, but no one seems to have installed the Westin's yet.

So which did you end up going with? I've ordered the westin outlaw, but it's been on backorder for a month now. Thinking of cancelling and going with go rhino

North_Texas_Guy11

Reaction score
What is everyone doing to remove the paint overspray from the factory studs before installing the boards?
I had this issue with the bolts, I bought some paint remover spray from O'Reilly's called Aircraft Paint Remover that worked fantastic, you need to tape off around the bolts with masking tape because you don't want it to take off paint on your underside, because it will take paint off just about anything, you just spray the bolts it has a stickiness to it but wipes off later, let it set for 45 mins and then gently scrape with a wire brush 2 or 3 swipes and all the paint comes right off, in fact it came off so well that I could hand tighten the nuts all the way down before using the socket for the final tighten.

Shmannion13

Reaction score
Has anyone every snapped one of the factory studs. I had the torque wrench set to the recommend 8 ft lbs and it went fine with every stud and nut except for one. I was wondering if they were double sided threaded stud screwed into Frame that I could use an extraction tool And simply replace or is there’s a nut and washer on other side

smiles5619

Reaction score
Has anyone every snapped one of the factory studs. I had the torque wrench set to the recommend 8 ft lbs and it went fine with every stud and nut except for one. I was wondering if they were double sided threaded stud screwed into Frame that I could use an extraction tool And simply replace or is there’s a nut and washer on other side

Well I didn't personally so it but had my 2019 for an oil change and tire rotation. The dealer snapped one off when torquing the tires. They said that "usually doesn't happen". Replaced it at no charge. Haven't had an issue since.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Cross reference threads.

Users who are viewing this thread