5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running Boards and Tonneau Cover for 2022 Big Horn Silver Night Edition

rbundy84

Reaction score
I am WAY down the rabbit hole and I think I’m more confused now than I was when I first started. This will be my first truck purchase, and looking for recs on black running boards and a good tonneau cover to go with as well.

I have two small children so looking for something practical that doesn’t look top gaudy and prefer a hard/Tri fold tonneau cover that won’t break the bank…

Thank you in advance!

ManBOOYA

Reaction score
I did the truxedo sentry roll up tonneau and I’ve been happy with it for the last two years. It’s looks like a regular vinyl roll up but is reinforced with aluminum slats.
I’m also curious about running boards though. I don’t want to buy a set and have them rust and look like garbage

vinnieloo

Reaction score
Are you planning on putting on any racks that sit on the bed sides? If so, only look at tonneaus that mount within the sides. One way to eliminate some options. I have the factory wheel-to-wheel steps and they work fine for the kids.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You’ll get tons of different opinions here, all good. I went with the factory Mopar matte black running boards and the factory Mopar soft roll up tonneau cover. Did not want a hard shell trifold as that limits rear visibility when it’s folded up. The soft roll up is perfect for me, but I also never leave anything valuable back there.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am WAY down the rabbit hole and I think I’m more confused now than I was when I first started. This will be my first truck purchase, and looking for recs on black running boards and a good tonneau cover to go with as well.

I have two small children so looking for something practical that doesn’t look top gaudy and prefer a hard/Tri fold tonneau cover that won’t break the bank…

Thank you in advance!
I don't know if Luke is still there but he was very informative when I contacted him.
I did the truxedo sentry roll up tonneau and I’ve been happy with it for the last two years. It’s looks like a regular vinyl roll up but is reinforced with aluminum slats.
I’m also curious about running boards though. I don’t want to buy a set and have them rust and look like garbage
Advantage to the roll up vs full trifolds is the visibility out the back window with the roll up.

alphajaguars

Reaction score
I went with these running boards and the Revolver X4s tonneau.

The running boards work for the wife and kids. The tonneau is fantastic. It locks down very securely and when it's rolled up I can still see out of my rear window vs a tri or quad fold.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
I misread at first and thought Ram had made a Silver Knight edition... Missed when that one came out! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread