5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

running board recommendations 2019 Laramie crew cab 6'4" max steel

nfd552

Reaction score
I'm looking for some recommendations on running boards for my truck. The look of the truck has really grown on me without running boards and I'm worried they will kill the look if they stick out too much. my wife's about to baby and is short and is pushing me to get something. I wanted to do power steps but they are just too much right now. anyone have any recommendations for me?

rob989_69

Reaction score
Went with a cheap set of Raptor series boards first. Hated them, stuck out way too far. I'm with you, I like the look of no steps. So, I went with the Amp Power steps. They're really pricey, but honestly, worth it. I was lucky and found a set on FB marketplace for 50% of retail. They were only on the truck for a month or so so like new, even came with a spare set of boards.

nfd552

Reaction score
I guess ill have to continue my search for a discounted set. did you install them yourself?

Boston

Reaction score
I’m liking MS color. Whether you want black or chrome is up to you, but w2W looks far better than just cab length.

HoosierTrooper

Reaction score
I installed a set of APS iBoards on mine because my wife and I are both short and not getting any younger. Relatively inexpensive and do what I wanted them to do and I like the way they look.
IMG_1106.JPG

jermball623

Reaction score
I saw a decent looking set on amazon that were the best price I could find on a steel set and a buddy has them on his 4th gen and they look pretty good. Will pull the trigger once the wife gets back to work after this covid stuff calms down.

Traxter81

Reaction score
I'm looking for some recommendations on running boards for my truck. The look of the truck has really grown on me without running boards and I'm worried they will kill the look if they stick out too much. my wife's about to baby and is short and is pushing me to get something. I wanted to do power steps but they are just too much right now. anyone have any recommendations for me?

Hello there, I have a set of AMP research power steps that came with my power wagon. They tuck up under for no visibility automatically. I am looking to sell these as they dont work for what I will be doing with my truck
I need rock sliders. Let me know if interested
Thanks

rob989_69

Reaction score
Installation is really easy no matter what you go with. The only recommendation I have is make sure you clean the studs off really well with a wire brush or something. I actually went to Harbor Freight and bought a cheap tap and die kit and used that. Much quicker/easier/less messy. Also, don't tighten down too much. I've heard you can pull the studs if you really crank them down.

soccerlvr56

Reaction score
Hello there, I have a set of AMP research power steps that came with my power wagon. They tuck up under for no visibility automatically. I am looking to sell these as they dont work for what I will be doing with my truck
I need rock sliders. Let me know if interested
Thanks
Are your AMP running boards still available ??
Thanks

Traxter81

Reaction score
Are your AMP running boards still available ??
Thanks
Hello,

Yes they are. Truck has 8,000 miles now. Still in perfect shape. Not sure what shipping would look like on them but I could let them go for a deal.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

big al

Reaction score

big al

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread