5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running Board Issues

RickRamRod

Reaction score
I’ve searched all over and although there seems to be a lot of issues with auto running boards I can’t find my specific issue.

Basically, I’ve had the truck (2019 Ram 1500 Limited) since last fall without issues. Now it’s seems the heat may be getting to the running boards? When I open the driver door 25% of the time they deploy as intended, 25% of the time they don’t deploy at all and 50% of the time they either stutter up and down before deploying or just have a long delay before eventually deploying.

The puzzling thing is that when I open the rear driver side door, they work as intended 100% of the time.

This leads me to believe that it would possibly be a sensor specifically related to the driver side door.

Has anyone had a similar issue and knows a fix? Or can anyone describe where the driver door sensor would be? I’m hoping it may just need to be cleaned or can be an easy replacement.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread