5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running board issue

Funky6rudda

Reaction score
Hey guys so i made a mistake by standing on the drivers side running board whilst it tried to retract, it now sounds like its grinding and some times doesnt fully retract. What do you think ill need? are there spare parts for these availible or is it just a full new one?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys so i made a mistake by standing on the drivers side running board whilst it tried to retract, it now sounds like its grinding and some times doesnt fully retract. What do you think ill need? are there spare parts for these availible or is it just a full new one?
I assume you're talking about the Mopar boards? To my knowledge there are no replacement parts sold. It would require a new set.

But for what it's worth, you should be able to step on it while it's closing. And all it should do is sense your weight and stop. If it kept trying to retract and broke itself, then that's a problem and shouldn't have happened.

Funky6rudda

Reaction score
I assume you're talking about the Mopar boards? To my knowledge there are no replacement parts sold. It would require a new set.

But for what it's worth, you should be able to step on it while it's closing. And all it should do is sense your weight and stop. If it kept trying to retract and broke itself, then that's a problem and shouldn't have happened.

Yes i completely agree i thought it would just sense my weight and autostop. Now it sounds like its come off the gear or something

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are spare parts including the motor/gearbox assembly for the powered running boards.
Can you provide a link to the part numbers? All I've ever seen posted on the forum is that you have to buy new running boards.

I don't have Mopar boards (mine are Amp), so I don't have any direct experience with replacement parts on them.

Users who are viewing this thread