5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running 285/65r20 tires on OEM 20” wheels and 2” lift kit

Midnight1988

Reaction score
My question is straight to the point:

Anyone running 285/65r20 tires on OEM 20” wheels and 2” lift kit? If you are please, post pictures and state if you used spacers and if there’s and rubbing or scrubbing. Thank you.

Rynofire

Reaction score
I run 295/60r20’s with a 2.5” spacer and no rub whatsoever

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
how is your ride? I want todo the same set up.

I did the level first with stock tires and it didn’t change the ride at all. The larger AT tires made a little more noise but none more than expected. Ride quality is still close to same.

The overall combo probably provides slightly less cornering performance but hey it’s a truck. Very happy with the setup and would do it again.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Do you think those tires would have fit without leveling it. Any input would be greatly appreciated

I had the tires mounted after the level, so unfortunately I can’t help you there. If I had done the tires first and they fit with no rubbing, I may have just skipped the level.

Midnight1988

Reaction score
That's it, I'm sold on the Mopar Lift and that size tires. How do you like those tires? I see most people are gravitating toward the Ridge Grapplers on here. Any specific reason you went with the BFGs?
The Ridge Grapplers look pretty badass but I’ve also seen lots of people talk about the difficulty of balancing and uneven wear. Ultimately, I based it off some of my friends who run KO2s on their Subaru’s and Trucks. Whenever I’ve been in their cars they are really quiet and in some cases they’ve said they’ve gotten up to 65k out of them. So far I love the tires and just feel really great and quiet. It took me a very long time to ultimately get here. I’ve had the truck for a year now.

Users who are viewing this thread