5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Runaway Cruise Control

djmichaelwenz

Reaction score
Had my Adaptive Cruise Control runaway today and could have killed me and my family! Had to brake and put in neutral to stop the issue, was quite scary.... Was driving with Adaptive Cruise Control and out of the blue all the service lights came on the the gas pedal stopped working. The Cruise Control WOULD NOT CANCEL no matter what I did (neither the brake or the 3 ways you can do it on the steering wheel) I had to hit the brakes and go to neutral and pull off on a sandy causeway. Adaptive Cruise was working still as after I would break it was accelerating but the steering wheel controls stopped doing anything. I pulled off the highway and turned my 2020 Rebel OFF and then back on and now I have a check engine light. Aside from that it now seems to be driving normal. Just got the Truck and have been a bit of a nightmare. 6th trip to try and get my Ram Box fixed next week as soon as the dealer calls me back, they apparently have the part now (2nd time). I also noticed my paseenger brake light stayed on. But this today as we were coming home from the beach was scary. I was driving on some bumpy sand on the cause way just a few mins earlier. Only thing I could think of is the battery coming loose or a sensor getting wet or something. The only way to stop Cruise Control was to shut off the truck. The truck has 31k Miles 2020 Ram Rebel with the safety package.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Had my Adaptive Cruise Control runaway today and could have killed me and my family! Had to brake and put in neutral to stop the issue, was quite scary.... Was driving with Adaptive Cruise Control and out of the blue all the service lights came on the the gas pedal stopped working. The Cruise Control WOULD NOT CANCEL no matter what I did (neither the brake or the 3 ways you can do it on the steering wheel) I had to hit the brakes and go to neutral and pull off on a sandy causeway. Adaptive Cruise was working still as after I would break it was accelerating but the steering wheel controls stopped doing anything. I pulled off the highway and turned my 2020 Rebel OFF and then back on and now I have a check engine light. Aside from that it now seems to be driving normal. Just got the Truck and have been a bit of a nightmare. 6th trip to try and get my Ram Box fixed next week as soon as the dealer calls me back, they apparently have the part now (2nd time). I also noticed my paseenger brake light stayed on. But this today as we were coming home from the beach was scary. I was driving on some bumpy sand on the cause way just a few mins earlier. Only thing I could think of is the battery coming loose or a sensor getting wet or something. The only way to stop Cruise Control was to shut off the truck. The truck has 31k Miles 2020 Ram Rebel with the safety package.
Well, that's not the samething as this thread. But that is scary. Been using mine for 3 years and tens of thousands of miles without issue. I even installed mine myself. Definitely need that looked at. That's far from something that's common.

U

User_3336

Rare occurrence it appears. This thread is over two years old by the way . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/