5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RUMORS: Ram 1500 Will Come With Two Distinctive Looks

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

RUMORS: Ram 1500 Will Come With Two Distinctive Looks​

Internal Combustion Model Will Look Very Different From Electrified Models...​

C125E42A-7064-4B98-95B6-739EEAF04807-scaled.jpeg

The Ram 1500, a crucial offering for the Ram brand and Stellantis’ top-selling vehicle in North America is preparing for its initial mid-cycle action (MCA) or refresh. As part of this refresh, Ram will introduce two distinct variations for the Ram 1500, catering to different preferences. One variant will showcase the brand’s new electrified REV model, while the other will feature the tried-and-true internal combustion engines (ICEs).

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not bad. Want to see some interior pics of those screens. And I just hope to god that led headlights are standard on all trim levels.

2022 Ram 1500 Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (wife)

cmejatt

Reaction score
Cannot wait to see 2024 ICE Ram 1500 lol
Been checking every day to see if anything gets announced

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No big changes in 2024.
I'm suprised. At least standard digital dash screen. Kinda make people not want a ice vehicle. I mean the 3.0 turbo is interesting enough...but got to change something for people to buy it.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Correct. Trucks won't change until 2025 MY
I want that baby TRX, so hope that gets released in ‘25 and isn’t $150k or something crazy.

Also, I’m happy they’ll look different. I don’t want anyone confusing my ICE truck for one of those toxic EVs.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I want that baby TRX, so hope that gets released in ‘25 and isn’t $150k or something crazy.

Also, I’m happy they’ll look different. I don’t want anyone confusing my ICE truck for one of those toxic EVs.
I must have missed it. What's the baby TRX?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm holding out for the EV ram. As much as I LOVE my Hemi, I'm not fond of any turbocharged engine and I would just jump right to the EV. I just hope they don't bend me over with pricing.

ktl5005

Reaction score
I'm holding out for the EV ram. As much as I LOVE my Hemi, I'm not fond of any turbocharged engine and I would just jump right to the EV. I just hope they don't bend me over with pricing.

You can bet on being bent over for pricing on the EV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Why can’t they build an EV to look like a normal vehicle? Seems like they need to set themselves apart and make them look pretty darn ugly in my opinion. Cars or trucks…..it doesn’t matter, they all look like crap. I’m betting they would sell so much better if you couldn’t distinguish the difference between an EV and gas vehicle.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Why can’t they build an EV to look like a normal vehicle? Seems like they need to set themselves apart and make them look pretty darn ugly in my opinion. Cars or trucks…..it doesn’t matter, they all look like crap. I’m betting they would sell so much better if you couldn’t distinguish the difference between an EV and gas vehicle.

The first adopters want them to look different so everyone knows you are driving something different, the ones buying the pricey new model EVs want to look like it compared to Joe Shmo.

When EV becomes the norm, then they will all look the same.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can bet on being bent over for pricing on the EV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well personally for me, it's the ram EV or the Toyota tacoma ev when it comes out in 2025. I'm not gonna pay crazy prices on the full size ev trucks like that. I'm fine with going to the midsized segment.

If ford stayed with the original pricing they had when it came out, that's what I'm looking for.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well personally for me, it's the ram EV or the Toyota tacoma ev when it comes out in 2025. I'm not gonna pay crazy prices on the full size ev trucks like that. I'm fine with going to the midsized segment.

If ford stayed with the original pricing they had when it came out, that's what I'm looking for.

Ram EV (REV) is a full sized 1500. Not mid sized like the Taco. Maybe you're thinking about the Ram Rampage, which won't be sold here. At least not initially. Who knows what the future holds though.

CJ99X

Reaction score
The RAM already has three different looks, The TRX looks different than the regular DT and we also have a DS model. RAM needs to study on logevity and quit catering to every little daily wim some bean counter thinks up to create packages in packages.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram EV (REV) is a full sized 1500. Not mid sized like the Taco. Maybe you're thinking about the Ram Rampage, which won't be sold here. At least not initially. Who knows what the future holds though.
I know. Full size ev pricing is just ridiculous. That's why I would downgrade to a midsized.

Users who are viewing this thread