5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugged Liner Wheel Well Liners Install

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
When buying my Ram, my biggest fear was having the wheel wells rot out like so many that I see on the road.

I just got some Rugged Liner wheel wells from Real Truck for $139.
2019 Ram Truck 1500 Rugged Rear Wheel Well Liners | RealTruck

The instructions that come with them are actually pretty good, but I struggled to find a how to for the Ram before I bought them to see how involved it was.

The 1st bit of advice is to let them be as warm as possible before install so they are a bit more plyable as the plastic is pretty thick. Mine were not warmed up as it’s fall here.

IMG_1075.jpeg
The instructions don’t say to remove the wheels, but getting the wheels off the truck and out of the way makes it much easier.
IMG_1073.jpeg
A ratchet with 5/8 socket is needed for 10 bolts per side. I have a battery wrench to make it a bit easier.
IMG_1076.jpeg
Loosen, do not remove the 8 bolts around the wheel well, and remove the 2 bolts on the back of the wheel well.
IMG_1078.jpeg
Start sliding the wheel well behind the lip, starting at the bottom corners working your way up. This is where having the liners warm and soft will be if it you. I gently used a screw driver to pry the liner back behind the lip.
IMG_1079.jpeg
Retighten the screws around the lip and install the 2 screws that were removed through the new liners.
IMG_1080.jpeg

IMG_1081.jpeg

Once the wheels are back installed I think it looks pretty darn good. Fills in the colored area behind the wheel, and will hopefully make the bed of the truck last so much longer. I can’t believe none of the trucks come with liners anymore.

Hope this helped somebody out on deciding if they want them. The install was pretty easy.

Wellingtontx

Reaction score
Did you have to remove the factory OEM half liners as part of the installation process ?

RAMMER80

Reaction score
I had the same fear. I got the ones from Rough Country. Installed in summer but still needed a couple tuff pushed to fit. But they fit like a glove.

For anyone installing them… make sure you clean the well real well AND dry it before installing.

I give them a 10/10

Users who are viewing this thread