5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rubber tailgate bumpers

Davidmurphy02

Reaction score
Just noticed that my truck has two rubber tailgate bumpers on the left side and none on the right. The right side has holes exactly where the left bumpers are mounted, I'm guessing someone on the assembly line got distracted and didn't install my right ones. Do your trucks have bumpers on both sides? Since you have to really slam the tailgate on this truck to get it to register and not leave the cargo light on, if there are supposed to be bumpers on both sides I'll get my dealer to order me some. Can't complain if that's the case, this is the first thing not perfect on my truck so far.
Left tailgate bumpers.jpg Right tailgate bumpers missing.jpg

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just noticed that my truck has two rubber tailgate bumpers on the left side and none on the right. The right side has holes exactly where the left bumpers are mounted, I'm guessing someone on the assembly line got distracted and didn't install my right ones. Do your trucks have bumpers on both sides? Since you have to really slam the tailgate on this truck to get it to register and not leave the cargo light on, if there are supposed to be bumpers on both sides I'll get my dealer to order me some. Can't complain if that's the case, this is the first thing not perfect on my truck so far.
View attachment 3858 View attachment 3860

I’m thinking ****-poor QC.

Davidmurphy02

Reaction score
Finally got my tailgate bumpers.....in March for a truck I took delivery on in July. Sounds like dealers are just now starting to get a decent supply of parts for the 2019's.

Users who are viewing this thread