5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rubber seal on doors

Tonto2020

Reaction score
Hi all, i recently bought my 2020 ram big horn night edition. I drive on gravel roads often as i live 1/2 mile from a highway on one. I have been having a problem with opening my door and a poof of dust comes flying in my face and all over the inside every time.
I never had this problem with my classic.
Anyone know how to fix the problem?
In the photo you can see where the rubber seal isnt the full length of the door which is where the dust settles in.
8fe041b5d2645bd05ee2005558b696b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevenc150

Reaction score
...I never had this problem with my classic.
Anyone know how to fix the problem?
In the photo you can see where the rubber seal isnt the full length of the door which is where the dust settles in.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure theres some design diff or aerodynamic diff that made the classic less prone. FWIW the seal is doing its job as its clean white paint on the inside boundary....its just in ur case u need the seal moved more to match the perimeter of ur door.

Only thing I can think of is try cracking a window or back window before u open the door to get out. That way there should be less of a vaccuum and maybe u wont get that suction puff when opening it

Users who are viewing this thread