5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rubber cargo bed mat for Ramboxes

Capt Joe

Reaction score
I can't seem to find any info on a rubber cargo bed mat for the Rambox beds. Can someone point me in the right direction?

acat

Reaction score
Not seen yet, captain, maybe you can just buy a regular one and do the cutting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capt Joe

Reaction score
Well, since the Rambox bed is a rectangle, I went to the Home Depot in search of some rubber mats that were 4 ft wide. I found the ones pictured below. They are 4x3. I put two in and overlapped them under the bed divider. They work great and my tool box doesn't slide around back there... They were 27$ each.... Not bad. 20190307_182210.jpg 20190307_182421.jpg 20190307_182215.jpg

acat

Reaction score
Well, since the Rambox bed is a rectangle, I went to the Home Depot in search of some rubber mats that were 4 ft wide. I found the ones pictured below. They are 4x3. I put two in and overlapped them under the bed divider. They work great and my tool box doesn't slide around back there... They were 27$ each.... Not bad. View attachment 18120 View attachment 18121 View attachment 18122
great info captain!

btw, looks like you get the bed extender, when did you get your truck, I heard they are excluding it now from the delivery

RAMRhode

Reaction score
Great hack! I’m going to copy what you did. Bed Rug unfortunately, doesn’t seem to have any production plans for RamBox. Real shame. BTW, did you use Velcro to attach the mats to the bed?

Capt Joe

Reaction score
Great hack! I’m going to copy what you did. Bed Rug unfortunately, doesn’t seem to have any production plans for RamBox. Real shame. BTW, did you use Velcro to attach the mats to the bed?

I don't think it needs the Velcro because of the spray in bed liner, but time will tell. So far, so good.

Keemosabe

Reaction score
That’s a great interim solution! Still want a full BedRug product. Husky said “check back in a few months as they would probably add” the comparable product. In another thread here someone posted that they had used a Classic RamBox BedRug and it fit “perfect” except the gate. They then cut off the classic gate cover and used a BedRug brand gate cover for the new Ram. I posted asking for more clarification as to whether they used a bedmat/impact mat/or full BedRug. Haven’t heard back yet. May initiate a private conversation. I have a full BedRug in my Avalanche that is being traded in. Love the product and want it for the new Ram. One of my questions regarding the hybrid solution above is re: coverage of the gate with the Classic BedRug. If it doesn’t cover the outer edges completely that might be good to provide a smooth surface for a tailgate seal gasket to seat. I already have my Bak Revolver Tonneau cover and seal material

Matt_T

Reaction score
Well, since the Rambox bed is a rectangle, I went to the Home Depot in search of some rubber mats that were 4 ft wide. I found the ones pictured below. They are 4x3. I put two in and overlapped them under the bed divider. They work great and my tool box doesn't slide around back there... They were 27$ each.... Not bad. View attachment 18120 View attachment 18121 View attachment 18122
Very nice. I just bought a Bighorn with Rambox and I will head to Home Depot tomorrow and see what they have.
Just an off-topic question. Does the bed divider come with Rambox because I didn't get one with my truck?

Capt Joe

Reaction score
Very nice. I just bought a Bighorn with Rambox and I will head to Home Depot tomorrow and see what they have.
Just an off-topic question. Does the bed divider come with Rambox because I didn't get one with my truck?
It did when I bought mine, but I since heard that they stopped including it. I bought mine in February BTW

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
I can't seem to find any info on a rubber cargo bed mat for the Rambox beds. Can someone point me in the right direction?
I purchased a rough country bed mat. Dud the math and cut off the excess with a jig saw for a straight line. 99.00 can’t go wrong.

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
I was looking for a rubber mat found some gym mats that fit perfect but I went with the bed rug from a raptor and cut it to shape..

Yangster

Reaction score
It comes with the Bed Utility Group.

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
Where can i purchase a Bed rug for a raptor?
I just found it on offer up, it’s only th bottom peace but I just cut th sides and it’s fits perfect.. for the low price of 50$

Attachments

• A7804577-1B98-45DB-9114-238C526C43D5.jpeg
    A7804577-1B98-45DB-9114-238C526C43D5.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 49

Chiefly1

Reaction score
For those interested, I went to ACE Hardware and purchased a 1/4" X 48" X 72" rubber mat and cut the extra 5" off to fit my 2019 RAM 1500 with Ram Box 5' 7" bed. The cost there was $95.00 and it fits perfectly. VR Chief

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
For those interested, I went to ACE Hardware and purchased a 1/4" X 48" X 72" rubber mat and cut the extra 5" off to fit my 2019 RAM 1500 with Ram Box 5' 7" bed. The cost there was $95.00 and it fits perfectly. VR Chief
Awesome Idea !

Users who are viewing this thread