5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RPM on HEMI with 3.21

Pedja

Reaction score
Then what will be difference in MPG between 3.21 and 3.92

R

Rob5589

There are several threads about mpg where you can gather information. Generally, the 3.21 is a few mpg's better. But there are varying factors at play; fuel formulation, driving habits, tires, vehicle configuration, etc. Be aware, most manufacturers base mpg on the base build and that is what will be on the window sticker. But you may not see those numbers with your particular truck.

Wheeler

Reaction score
City not much actually 3.92 does better on city roads.
Hwy almost 2 miles less than 3.21
But way more fun to drive that would compensate for MPG Loss.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lots of angst on 3.92 mileage, some from Rebel owners... wonder why 35's and a taller, heavier truck might do that? (ok, funnin' with you Rebel owners...) :whistle:
Basically if mpg's really bother you, I can probably find what dealer got stuck with my 2011 Prius and let you know where it is.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 3.92 Limited (heavy) gets 20-21mpg on the highway around 65-70mph. If you go faster the MPG drops a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread