5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Ride Recommendations

shktrk

Reaction score
I have a 4x2 that I just added a 2 1/2" MaxTrac level kit to. In addition, I went to 20" wheels from my 18" wheels. Since I made these two modifications my ride is a lot rougher.

The leveling kit is just a spacer so it shouldn't effect the ride.

Also, I changed the tire size from 275/65R18 to 275/65R20. The side wall size is exactly the same. Our trucks come with 20's and 22's so I wouldn't imagine it is the wheel size.

What's the deal?

shktrk

Reaction score
I have a 4x2 that I just added a 2 1/2" MaxTrac level kit to. In addition, I went to 20" wheels from my 18" wheels. Since I made these two modifications my ride is a lot rougher.

The leveling kit is just a spacer so it shouldn't effect the ride.

Also, I changed the tire size from 275/65R18 to 275/65R20. The side wall size is exactly the same. Our trucks come with 20's and 22's so I wouldn't imagine it is the wheel size.

What's the deal?

Also, I am running 40 psi on all tires

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
What tires did you go with? Also, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the spacers as being the cause. I haven't tried them myself, but I've read that they can affect ride quality.

shktrk

Reaction score
What tires did you go with? Also, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the spacers as being the cause. I haven't tried them myself, but I've read that they can affect ride quality.

Goodyear Wrangler Trail Runners

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks like your new tires load range E rated. It's a know fact that generally, E-rated tires don't give you as comfortable of a ride as C or D rated tires, which are probably what your stock tires were. Not only that, but you went to a much larger tire, which can also affect ride quality. The air pressure you're using is about half of max pressure rating for your tires. You might want to try playing with the pressures to see if you can find a sweet spot that helps the ride. I'd probably start at 45 in the front tires and 55 in back. Those were the pressures my 2017 Rebel recommended, which came with E rated tires.

Users who are viewing this thread